Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Road to 3,000 HITS -Active Career Hits Leaders POLL QUESTION

Who will reach 3,000 career hits?

• Omar Vizquel 2,776 Hits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chipper Jones 2,490 Hits

• Vladimir Guerrero 2,388 Hits

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I have an interesting poll question. Of the 9 closest active players to 3,000 hits, who will actually achieve this goal. The players are ranked in order of their status on the all-time hits leader board.

36. Derek Jeter
46. Ivan Rodriguez
48. Omar Vizquel
72. Alex Rodriguez
84. Manny Ramirez
87. Johnny Damon
88. Garrett Anderson
94. Chipper Jones
114. Vladimir Guerrero

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Aroid, Jeter & Pudge is who I put down. No way Chipper / Anderson / Vlad get there. Omar is tough, because you don't know how much longer he'll play, BUT, it won't be as a full time or even partial starter.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Jeter and ARod, no question.

I think Pudge plays a few more years with the intention of getting there and he won't retire until he's got it.

If Manny and Boras will drop his regular free agent asking price, then he'll do it too. I think Manny's got a good 3-4 years left, if he stays healthy and is willing to DH.

Omar needs 3 more years to do it since he's no more than a part-time player/mentor now, and I don't think he's got 3 years left.

Vlad could do it if he can keep this pace up for another 5 years, but I don't think he's got it in him.

Damon could come close, but I don't think he will. I say he's got two years left, yet I think he needs four to get there.

Anderson's done. Chipper's probably done (or has one more year left).

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
As much as I'd like to see it, I can't imagine how Omar gets another 225 hits. If he's lucky he'll approach 2,800 this year. If he could pull off a miracle and play 2 more seasons with over 50% playing time, he may get close to 2950. But the stars would have to align and keep him healthy, plus a team willing to invest in a 44 and 45 year old guy.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
What surprises me is Garret Anderson is so high on this list wow that stood out to me. He is not the same player he once was his rapid decline the past few years have hurt his numbers. But say he was still playing at a high level he would probably have 3000 hits or very close to it thats pretty impressive for a guy who is not a big star as the others on the list.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
DaProspectKid said:
What surprises me is Garret Anderson is so high on this list wow that stood out to me. He is not the same player he once was his rapid decline the past few years have hurt his numbers. But say he was still playing at a high level he would probably have 3000 hits or very close to it thats pretty impressive for a guy who is not a big star as the others on the list.

Always been hugely under rated, wont ever get 3000 but definitely my all time favorite Angel

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Jeter and Arod are locks. Pudge a decent shot if he hangs around. Even as a back up, teams will still want him. Damon has a decent shot as well. Those 4 should get it done. Vlad and Manny outside shots. Vlad could get a decent contract with years this offseason. Manny could flame out quick. If he thinks he is going to get a big money deal. Will he want to play on cheap ???? I doubt it.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
What about Ichiro? 4-5 more solid years and he's there.

He's banged out 200++ hits a season for the last 9 years straight already has a total of 2193 hits in 9.5 years in US,

........add that to the 1278 he had with Orix in Japanese Major Leagues.

3471 hits total and counting

.339 average over 17.5 seasons in Pros

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
fkw said:
What about Ichiro?

He's bangs out 200++ hits a season for the last 9 years straight already has a total of 2193 hits in 9.5 years in US,

........add that to the 1278 he had with Orix in Japanese Major Leagues.

3471 hits total and counting

.339 average over 17.5 seasons in Pros

I only took the guys in reach. I didn't include PUjols either. Too far away right now. I had to cut it off somewhere. ha ha.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
2 on the list are a lock, 1 is a maybe, and 1 has an outside chance.

The others are there for fluff.

Oh, and I am 100% convinced Ichiro gets 3000.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Jeter, I-Rod, A-Rod and Man-Ram. As long as he wants to, I am sure someone will keep I-Rod on the payroll long enough for him to get there. First catcher to do it, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington kept him around to mentor Bryce Harper, if they keep him at catcher. I also wouldn't have thought Manny was that high, but I also can't see him playing less than another 3 years, and in those three years I don't see him getting less than 150 hits a year, injuries permitting. Damon's right there behind him, but I don't see 3000 hits on him. I don't know why.

Members online