Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper > Nats Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A mohawk?! :benson:

Bryce Harper takes batting practice at Nationals Park
About time the kid earned his paycheck.

Bryce Harper, the Nats' 17-year-old phenom, is taking batting practice at Nationals Park, ahead of his 5:45 p.m. press conference. Here's the twitter-to-blog conversion:

First swing? A long fly ball to center, off the warning track, one-hops the fence (via Mark Zuckerman).

Harper hit a ball in the third deck in right field (via Bill Ladson) and ... What a shot! It was an Adam Dunn-type home run

And an eye-witness summary account from Dave Sheinin:

He bunted first pitch then took a bunch of pitches the opposite way. Then on last swing of his turn, he cranked it up. Third deck in rf. About a half dozen Nats players, plus Boras, Rizzo and Riggleman were out there watching.

In his second round of BP, Ladson tweets: The kid did "Nothing special." [He's a has-been already!]

This just in (Ladson buries the lede and I guess I do, too): Bryce #Harper is wearing a Mohawk. It reminds me of John Riggins, when he was with the #Jets.

Harper's on the comeback trail: Bryce #Harper hit a home run in his third round of batting practice. (via Ladson)

He's gonna break the HR record today at this pace: Bryce #Harper hit four home runs in his fourth round of batting practice.(via Ladson)

He's in a slump: Bryce #Harper hit one home run in his fifth round of batting practice. (via Ladson)

He's back! Harper belts three straight home runs in his last round of BP (via Gene ****).

In case you're wondering who else is taking BP, the answer is: Kevin Mench (via Adam Kilgore). I'm sorry, but no one is tweeting about his performance.

BH's BP ends at 3:30. He hit something like a jillion home runs and didn't whiff once. And he has a Mohawk. Sweet.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
sheetskout said:
The impressive thing is that the kid is smart enough to take the bunt and the first few the other way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Or that just means he has taken batting practice before. At Purdue every single batting practice was that way, and I can't remember an opponent that took batting practice differently either....

Just saying. Not impressive to me, just standard.

skrip

Members online

No members online now.