Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Finest Refractor- peeling the coating off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Just wondering if you guys peel off the coating from Finest or if you leave it on. If you do take it off is there a trick to getting it off or does it just peel off easily?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Finest is applied a little better than Pinnacle and others. Start with the corner and rub your thumb perpendicular to the edge.

Dec 10, 2008
Peel! I always peel, no matter what the card. I even peeled my 96 Select mirrors. Those were tricky and I actually had to use tweezers. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have the hands of a surgeon.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Mark McGwire Museum said:
Peel! I always peel, no matter what the card. I even peeled my 96 Select mirrors. Those were tricky and I actually had to use tweezers. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have the hands of a surgeon.

I peel lots of cards, 1996 is the HARDEST!

Dec 10, 2008
George_Calfas said:
I peel lots of cards, 1996 is the HARDEST!

It's definitely an adrenaline rush, haha. Even more so when I got my first one, and was really guessing if there was a peel on the card. I didn't know prior that they had them. I kept messing with the corner, trying to see if it had a peel, hoping I wasn't ruining a $200 card. They look amazing peeled, though.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Mark McGwire Museum said:
[quote="George_Calfas":3owd7z3h]I peel lots of cards, 1996 is the HARDEST!

It's definitely an adrenaline rush, haha. Even more so when I got my first one, and was really guessing if there was a peel on the card. I didn't know prior that they had them. I kept messing with the corner, trying to see if it had a peel, hoping I wasn't ruining a $200 card. They look amazing peeled, though.[/quote:3owd7z3h]

Agreed, much more reflective!

Members online

Latest posts