Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Hot Sheet Prediction Thread (& Kyle Gibson News)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A couple of days ago I said that someone would really have to step up to the plate to knock Jake Odorizzi off the #1 position for this week's Hot Sheet.

And Freddie Freeman has done just that. I'd say he's a virtual lock for the top spot this week. Amazing, and if he doesn't see Turner Field next month I'll be shocked.

Other names I predict will see either the Top 13 or the Team Photo, in no particular order, are:

Jake Odorizzi (top 3 easily)
Randal Grichuk
Brian Cavazos-Galvez
Josh Reddick
Oswaldo Arcia
Lonnie Chisenhall (top 5)
Grant Green
Nick Franklin (top 5)
Michael Choice
Matt Moore (top 3; he's now K'd 10+ in 6 of his past 10 outings and has 197 total)
Chris Balcom-Miller
Kyle Drabek (top 5)
Andy Oliver
Will Smith
Robbie Erlin
Alex White
Jordan Lyles
John Lamb

Guillermo Moscoso - Man Among Boys

Mike Foltynewicz - Helium Watch (shot in the dark here, but his last two outings were great)

Please add more names if you believe I missed someone significant.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: BA Hot Sheet Prediction Thread

Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, so I'm just gonna post it here. Damn.

Still, he's logged in a LOT of innings this year, so this may be just what he needs.

Kyle Gibson: Twins shut down Kyle Gibson for rest of '10
Kyle Gibson - S - MIN - Aug. 26 - 10:20 pm et
The Twins have shut down top pitching prospect Kyle Gibson for the year due to a sprained ankle.
Gibson is going to be fine in about a week, but he's tallied 152 innings on the year and the Twins have seen enough. The 2009 first-round pick turned in a 2.96 ERA and 1.51 WHIP in 26 total starts this season, climbing all the way to Triple-A Rochester. He'll start at Rochester to begin 2011. Aug. 26 - 10:20 pm et
Source: Twins.mlb.com

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
September call up for Gibson was very unlikely, and with 150 plus innings piutched I can see why they are doing this.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
E.Hosmer was pretty hot over this timeframe (but he didn't make it onto BA's Hot Sheet this year when he performed better than this past timeframe & he didn't play lastnight so I'm definitely not holding my breath)-

(Friday 20th-Thursday 26th):

10-for-26, .385 avg, 4R, 2-2B, 3B, 2HR, 7RBI, 1BB-to-2K

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
A couple of days ago I said that someone would really have to step up to the plate to knock Jake Odorizzi off the #1 position for this week's Hot Sheet.

And Freddie Freeman has done just that. I'd say he's a virtual lock for the top spot this week. Amazing, and if he doesn't see Turner Field next month I'll be shocked.

Other names I predict will see either the Top 13 or the Team Photo, in no particular order, are:

Randal Grichuk
Brian Cavazos-Galvez
Josh Reddick
Oswaldo Arcia
Grant Green
Nick Franklin (top 5)
Michael Choice
Matt Moore (top 3; he's now K'd 10+ in 6 of his past 10 outings and has 197 total)
Chris Balcom-Miller
Kyle Drabek (top 5)
Andy Oliver
Will Smith
Robbie Erlin
Alex White
Jordan Lyles
John Lamb

Hey JP, I think Grant Green was a mistake on your list as he has a .233 avg over this Hot List period?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Jaypers said:

Randal Grichuk
Brian Cavazos-Galvez
Josh Reddick
Oswaldo Arcia
Grant Green
Nick Franklin (top 5)
Michael Choice
Chris Balcom-Miller
Kyle Drabek (top 5)
Andy Oliver
Will Smith
Robbie Erlin
Alex White
Jordan Lyles
John Lamb

Hey JP, I think Grant Green was a mistake on your list as he has a .233 avg over this Hot List period?

Maybe. 3 HR, 7 RBI is nothing to sneeze at, though.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Jaypers said:

Randal Grichuk
Brian Cavazos-Galvez
Josh Reddick
Oswaldo Arcia
Grant Green
Nick Franklin (top 5)
Michael Choice
Chris Balcom-Miller
Kyle Drabek (top 5)
Andy Oliver
Will Smith
Robbie Erlin
Alex White
Jordan Lyles
John Lamb

Maybe. 3 HR, 7 RBI is nothing to sneeze at, though.

Nothing to sneeze at sure but with that .233 avg it belongs nowhere near the Hot Sheet, correct?

Also if Chisenhall is top-5 then Hosmer probably should be also (what do you think?):

Chisenhall: 10-for-27, .370 avg, 4R, 3-2B, 2HR, 6RBI, 0BB-to-8K's

Hosmer: 10-for-26, .385 avg, 4R, 2-2B, 3B, 2HR, 7RBI, 1BB-to-2K

Lonnie had a boatload of K's.. (not to mention Hosmer put up his stat's in 6gm's while Chisenhall had 7gms to accumulate his)

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Do you think Luebke has a shot being that he's started 2 gm's with 0.00 ERA combined through both (in 14ip, 8hits between the 2 gms, 3BB, but the downside is only 5K's)?

14ip, 8hits, 3BB, 5K, 0HR, 0.00ERA

EDIT: OOps JJJ beat me to it! :lol:

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Re: BA Hot Sheet Prediction Thread

Jaypers said:
Didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, so I'm just gonna post it here. Damn.

Still, he's logged in a LOT of innings this year, so this may be just what he needs.

Kyle Gibson: Twins shut down Kyle Gibson for rest of '10
Kyle Gibson - S - MIN - Aug. 26 - 10:20 pm et
The Twins have shut down top pitching prospect Kyle Gibson for the year due to a sprained ankle.
Gibson is going to be fine in about a week, but he's tallied 152 innings on the year and the Twins have seen enough. The 2009 first-round pick turned in a 2.96 ERA and 1.51 WHIP in 26 total starts this season, climbing all the way to Triple-A Rochester. He'll start at Rochester to begin 2011. Aug. 26 - 10:20 pm et
Source: Twins.mlb.com

Someone on the Twins staff should recheck their press release. From a quick look at his stats, I'll bet they transposed the numbers and the WHIP should be 1.15.

Members online

Latest posts