Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DUM DUM DUMMMM......Strasburg Will Need TJ Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
News just broke.

And so did the prospecting market, at least for now.

Let the bashing begin.

Stephen Strasburg will need Tommy John surgery
By Ben Goessling, August 27, 2010 10:30 AM | 0 Comments

Stephen Strasburg has a significant tear in his ulnar collateral ligament that will probably require Tommy John surgery, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said this morning.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Wow.

Completely not surprising, but wow.

So, here's the big question:

The Baseball card market has seen a resurgence unlike ever seen before with product literally flying off the shelves because of Mr. Strasburg.

With him on the shelf for a year, what happens to the future of baseball cards?

And moreso, with the new collectors and investors that came into the market because of Strasburg, how jaded will they be now that their investment will tank, temporarily, if not permanently?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Here's an interesting thought that Topps might want to consider.

Perhaps they should advance their plans a bit and insert Bryce Harper's first Chrome autos into BDP?

Especially if Strasburg hasn't yet signed his BDP autos?

I doubt it'll happen, but still.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
First off, Topps is fine. Their investment in Strasburg has been more than profitable...they got what they needed out of him.

Secondly, this will certainly jade a segment of new collectors that came in to the hobby because of his hype, especially if they only came in to buy his cards. The burning sensation they are feeling may leave a permanent scar.

Thirdly, this is only TJ, many pitchers come back stronger and better than they were before.

Fourthly, Bowman Chrome cases just fell through the bottom floor. I feel bad for everyone that locked in cases at anything over $700, though I tried and tried to warn you.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Jaypers said:
News just broke.

And so did the prospecting market, at least for now.

Let the bashing begin.

Stephen Strasburg will need Tommy John surgery
By Ben Goessling, August 27, 2010 10:30 AM | 0 Comments

Stephen Strasburg has a significant tear in his ulnar collateral ligament that will probably require Tommy John surgery, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said this morning.

Not debating anything, but isn't there a big difference between the title of the thread (Strasburg will need TJ Surgery) and what Rizzo said (will PROBABLY REQUIRE Tommy John surgery)? It's not like he's going under the kinfe right now.

Granted, I am sure he does need it. But Rizzo didn't SAY that it was definite.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
securedsports said:
I feel like I just walked in on my wife sleeping with Mark Prior.

NICE!!! You owe me a new keyboard because I doubt it will last much longer with all the coffee I just spewed into it!! :lol:

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
BowmanChromeAddict said:
First off, Topps is fine. Their investment in Strasburg has been more than profitable...they got what they needed out of him.

Secondly, this will certainly jade a segment of new collectors that came in to the hobby because of his hype, especially if they only came in to buy his cards. The burning sensation they are feeling may leave a permanent scar.

Thirdly, this is only TJ, many pitchers come back stronger and better than they were before.

Fourthly, Bowman Chrome cases just fell through the bottom floor. I feel bad for everyone that locked in cases at anything over $700, though I tried and tried to warn you.[/quote]

This. And it sucks. Cause I be one of those. $^*#%^*#%^#%^*

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: DUM DUM DUMMMM......Strasburg Will (Likely) Need TJ Surgery

Well, I just Tweeted our Topps guy to ask if he's already signed all of his Bowman Chrome & Bowman Chrome Draft Picks cards.

Will let you know what he says.

Members online