Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: iPhone screen all white, can anyone help me out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
My iPhone just went all weird on me and now the screen when turned on, is just all white. Does anyone know how to fix it? I really do not feel like going to get another one. This is my second one in less than a year that has stopped working. Thanks, Paul

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Wait till the battery runs down, recharge, and pray it turns on.

Apple blows.

Thanks I will try that. This is my second iPhone in less than 8 months that stopped working. Im done with apple now.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I got my iphone about 6 months after they came out and I haven't had any problems at all. If you periodically reboot them they work great. I've seen some odd problems though. My brother's iphone has a small strip of screen where the touch screen function doesn't work. Try plugging your phone into the charger or plug it into your computer. Worth a shot.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I got my iphone about 6 months after they came out and I haven't had any problems at all. If you periodically reboot them they work great. I've seen some odd problems though. My brother's iphone has a small strip of screen where the touch screen function doesn't work. Try plugging your phone into the charger or plug it into your computer. Worth a shot.

That was the problem with my first one. The top of the touch screen stopped working. I have tried plugging it in the my computer and even tried to restore it and its still all messed up. Its a shame too, because I enjoy having the phone, but I cant stand having to get a new one every 8 months.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
prozac4312 said:
Hold the home button and power button for about 15 seconds at the same time, and it should force reboot.

LMK if this works.

Tried that too. All it does is go to a blank white screen with some lines on the right hand side. Its like the screen broke, because it will turn on and off, but it always is just a white screen.

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
Ohhh...Yeah, if it turns on and off and the screen is still all white it's probably broken. I thought it was just frozen on the all white screen.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
prozac4312 said:
Ohhh...Yeah, if it turns on and off and the screen is still all white it's probably broken. I thought it was just frozen on the all white screen.

Yeah thats what I figured. I think I'm done with the iPhone. Anyone have any good alternatives for AT&T phones?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
restore it is your last resort. plug into itunes click restore. if that doesn't work it's done

and blackbetry curve may be the pest phone ever

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
J.O. said:
restore it is your last resort. plug into itunes click restore. if that doesn't work it's done

and blackbetry curve may be the pest phone ever

Do you own the curve? Can you browse the net and receive emails?

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
You could always try putting it into DFU mode and restoring it...

[youtube:25d9qrxu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOX9AG7W_c&feature=related[/youtube:25d9qrxu]

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
yes to both. net is nowhere near the iphone, but emails come the second they are sent. it's great and battery is so long

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
J.O. said:
yes to both. net is nowhere near the iphone, but emails come the second they are sent. it's great and battery is so long

Can you play music through it?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
yes. you need a media card (micro-sd)
your itunes-purchased songs won't work though,

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Are any of you guys that are having problems using the 3g or are they an older model?

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
Your phone itself is probably fine but it sounds like you have a software issue with some app or the OS going off into the weeds somewhere and getting stuck.

Search the apple forums. I saw a few issues that sounded pretty similar and basically You are likey going to have to do a complete phone restore.

here is how (from a snipet in the forum):

A factory restore is accomplished by pressing and holding Sleep/Wake and Home until the iPhone resets. When the Apple logo appears release Sleep/Wake, but do not release Home until you see the prompt to connect the iPhone to iTunes. You then have to restore the iPhone's firmware, all your settings, all your media, and all your Apps. During this process you are offered an attempt to recover your iPhone from a backup. Unfortunately, backups are just as bug ridden and very unreliable. Users may encounter an error message indicating that a previously valid backup is corrupt.

Hope that helps.

Carlos

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts