Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Elite.....checklist announced..what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Curious what you think about this first hint of who is going to be in Elite:

Pamela Anderson throws a first pitch along with her son, Brandon, before a Los Angeles Dodgers game in 2008. AP image

Panini America officials revealed to Beckett Media on Friday a few of the surprises it has in store for the upcoming 2010 Donruss Elite Extra Edition baseball card set that arrives in late-September.

Perhaps the biggest surprise? A Pamela Anderson autographed baseball card.

You see, the 43-year-old former Playboy model and Baywatch star is a big fan of the Pepperdine University baseball team, so much so she’ll appear on card No. 100 in the set wearing a Pepperdine Wave jersey.

Oh, and she’ll be signing 35 cards — on-card, not stickers — for inclusion in packs.

Among the retired players and Hall of Famers signing for the set in their high school or college uniforms are Cal Ripken Jr., Randy Johnson, Reggie Jackson, Paul Molitor, Alan Trammell, Tom Seaver and Bob Gibson among others.

Among the prospects who have signed for DEEE are:

Michael Choice, Josh Sale, Matt Lipka, Zack Cox, Mike Foltynewicz, Kellin Deglin, Cito Culver, Jake Skole, Chris Sale, Todd Cunningham, Jarrett Parker, Noah Syndergaard, Matt Curry, Drew Pomeranz, Yasmani Grandal, Cameron Rupp and Kaleb Cowart, while there are others who are confirmed for the set.

They are:

Jamison Taillon, Brandon Workman, Zach Lee, Nick Castellanos, Dee Gordon, Jonathan Singleton, Brett Eibner, LeVon Washington, Brodie Greene, Chad Lewis, Gary Brown, Christian Yelich, J.T. Realmuto, Micah Gibbs, Jurickson Profar, Mel Rojas Jr., Jordan Swagerty and Hunter Morris.

There will undoubtedly be more news to come out of this product in the coming weeks before release, so stay tuned to Beckett.com and The Beckett Blog for the latest.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
schmidtfan20 said:

Michael Choice, Josh Sale, Matt Lipka, Zack Cox, Mike Foltynewicz, Kellin Deglin, Cito Culver, Jake Skole, Chris Sale, Todd Cunningham, Jarrett Parker, Noah Syndergaard, Matt Curry, Drew Pomeranz, Yasmani Grandal, Cameron Rupp and Kaleb Cowart, while there are others who are confirmed for the set.

They are:

Jamison Taillon, Brandon Workman, Zach Lee, Nick Castellanos, Dee Gordon, Jonathan Singleton, Brett Eibner, LeVon Washington, Brodie Greene, Chad Lewis, Gary Brown, Christian Yelich, J.T. Realmuto, Micah Gibbs, Jurickson Profar, Mel Rojas Jr., Jordan Swagerty and Hunter Morris.

IMPORTANT NOTE.

According to the Beckett article, the first paragraph will contain on-card autos, while the second paragraph will not.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
schmidtfan20 said:

They are:

IMPORTANT NOTE.

According to the Beckett article, the first paragraph will contain on-card autos, while the second paragraph will not.

Weird, since as of last week Todd had no clue if he was going to be on cards, and Hunter knew the Panini deal was done a while ago.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
A lot of top and 1st round picks already listed in the set so that is always nice. Loving the Grandal inclusion, hope he makes it into BC or BDP as well. All depends on how the middle/bottom of the auto checklist rounds out as that is what could make it a bustable product

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd just like to add that the announcement of several of those names being signed by their teams took place a mere 10 days ago, so Panini deserves some bigtime props for getting their autographs so quickly.

Keep it up!

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Jaypers said:
sethyarkony said:
I'll buy some Chris Sale.

And I'll buy the other Sale.

That's what I was afraid of.....

O'Conner and now Sale, at least leave me some Vettleson and Brett okay?

Of course there SEVERAL names in this set other than Rays I'll be going after. I think the Autograph checklist is already an A, there are a couple other names that were linked to this product already that weren't listed here. Topps is going to get be sorry that waited so long to release a prospect product. I've been waiting to bust something since since 2010 Bowman came out. Would have bought 2010 Bowman Chrome but I bet it gets delayed until late October. Give me these cards to sit on and take the chance they aren't included in BC or BCDP as Autos.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I intend to buy each and every Hunter Morris autograph and insert that A. Exists and B. Shows up for sale, which means yes, I will own them all. Good luck.

;)

onenineeightsix

Jun 26, 2010
Shes been an auto in Razor's Pop Century set too.

Hoping they get Bryce Harper in this too. Im thinking he'll be held from 2010 products by Topps to increase sales for next years stuff, but itd be nice to see him in Panini's one and only showing.

Members online