Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aroldis Chapman throws 105?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Anybody else see this?

A scout reportedly clocked Aroldis Chapman at 105 MPH on Friday.

The scout said Chapman "sat at" 103, calling it the "best fastball I have ever witnessed." He also had a 90-91 MPH slider working. In other words, he throws pretty hard. The Reds will call up Chapman, who has been working as a reliever since late June, on September 1.

Source: Ed Price on Twitter

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
I still don't believe it. Not even sure if it's possible.
I thought I read somewhere that the fastest a human can phycially throw a baseball is 110MPH (but obviously has not been done before)

Is this true? Or am I making this one up?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
scotty21690 said:
AKA Coastal said:
I thought I read somewhere that the fastest a human can phycially throw a baseball is 110MPH (but obviously has not been done before)

Is this true? Or am I making this one up?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Dalkowski

Sorry, I'm not sold on someone in 1939 throwing 115mph. I'm not sure if people realize how hard it is to increase 1mph after 100mph.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
thefasterblade said:
scotty21690 said:
AKA Coastal":1z0qz4hg]I still don't believe it. Not even sure if it's possible.[/quote] I thought I read somewhere that the fastest a human can phycially throw a baseball is 110MPH (but obviously has not been done before) Is this true? Or am I making this one up?[/quote] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Dalkowski said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Dalkowski[/url]

Sorry, I'm not sold on someone in 1939 throwing 115mph. I'm not sure if people realize how hard it is to increase 1mph after 100mph.[/quote:1z0qz4hg]

He threw through wooden fences, man. Wooden fences!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
AKA Coastal said:

Usain Bolt ran faster than scientist thought humanly possibly at the last Olympics. No one knows what humans are fully capable of.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
thefasterblade said:
He threw through wooden fences, man. Wooden fences!

A friend of mine was a walk on at USC when Sean Salisbury was the QB. Salisbury used to be able to throw a football and have it stick in a piece of 3/4" plywood.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Anybody got any big stashes of him going from past two years of chrome? My tip is load up on him right now!!!

If he hits 104-105 on gun in bigs in Sept. Watch his cards explode with ebay sheep. When baseball tonight/mlb network goes gaga over him. Then dump his stuff asap.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Anybody got any big stashes of him going from past two years of chrome? My tip is load up on him right now!!!

If he hits 104-105 on gun in bigs in Sept. Watch his cards explode with ebay sheep. When baseball tonight/mlb network goes gaga over him. Then dump his stuff asap.

Went through my stuff today and found 6 Chapman 2010 bowman cards, lucky me..

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:

If he hits 101-102 in Sept, his cards will explode. If he hits 104-105, my head will explode. If he hits 104-105 and has control, the world will explode!

Oh, and I have about 4 0r 5 chrome/base/wbc cards that I will list as soon as the fish are biting!

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I was at the game last night when he hit 105. He threw 9 pitches over 100 and had 11 of 14 pitches for strikes!
The place was electric when he hit 103, then 104, then 105 :eek: .The only problem I have is this; in the at bat when he hit 105 (hitter was Matt McBride) McBride fouled off like 4-5 pitches, including the 105 mph fastball. I mean, it's fast but if it is straight, major league hitters will catch up to it and hit it 600 feet! He has to work the splitter more and maybe the change up.

He will be fun to watch for the short time he will pitch in the majors. I mean let's face it, nobody that throws that hard ever lasts. The only exceptions being Nolan Ryan, and maybe Clemens.

Members online