Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
I am one of the many that "used to have" a store on ebay. When they spiked the fees on stores, I got out. I really miss having a place to list cards into a store type setting and just let them sit. I don't want to go back to ebay.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to a web-site where I could list a bunch of cards ($.10 - $5 range) and make it worth-while for me to make a few extra bucks each month? I have thousands of cards that I wish I could just list with no over-priced store fee, and maybe only pay a fair percentage when something sells.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
beckett marketplace
COMC is pretty good, but you'd have to check out their specifics. I think they have a 2 cent/month charge for listing a card.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Sportlots. Now granted it's only worth it if you can pull in $100+ a month (their fees are a bit on the high-side) and it CAN be time-consuming to list stuff...but, it's a successful site. I sell on it and generally bring in a good $100-120+ each month.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
wensy.com is supposedly free

i bought something off of here without any problems, never sold there though (no traffic)

UpTheAlley

Sep 26, 2009
North Carolina
hey scott-
just went through a similar and like thing and I will share:
have explored all the free sites, ecrater.com, bluejay etc and more---while you save on fees etc, literally compete for no traffic, with everyone else parked on the domain and your beholden to having someone else control all that you want to do with their software etc.

After much trial and error, going through and comparing domain server setups, shopping carts, functionality, and on and on and on, decided to do a stand alone website.

If you are an ebay seller of any quality and have built up an mail list, you can maximize that and maximize technology these days to drive and "push" alot traffic straight to your site as well as "push" your inventory (this is big change then having a site a few years ago) instead of pushing traffic to a free site or a shopping mall COMC sorta of thing.

have alot more pointers if you are interested let me know as I won't drag this out!

btw though---only out of pocket fee besides upfront domain and several items to make your life easier---is the payment gate that is BELOW paypal's cut and that is it.

JonDailey1982

May 31, 2010
Richmond, KY
If you decide to go the COMC route, its basically between 15 cents and 50 cents per card to list. Nothing when they sale unless you want to cash out then its 20% fee to cash out. Otherwise if you wish to use your money to buy other cards there are no fees. Also, there are no fees to buy a card and flip it.

Members online

Latest posts