Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it just me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
So I'm watching the LLWS and I notice that all the kids wear their hats with flat brims. I remember that when I was a kid, and still to this day....I try to break in the bill of my hats. I even remember taking baseballs and rubberbands to break them in back in the day. Is this a new style or is it just me being a dumb bass and asking this? Thoughts?

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
The youth of america are turning ghetto. :D

I remember putting my hat into a coffee cup over night to get that perfect rounded bill.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm with you Brian...I think we are just getting older ::facepalm:: :lol: I remember when the better the curve the better the hat. I still use my "perfect bill shaper" plastic thingy that works GREAT to this day :D

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I feel so much better knowing its not just me. I mean, to each his own, but I used to not be able to stand having a bill that was flat. I used to buy the New Era 5950 hats and couldn't wait to get the bill just right with the perfect curve. Maybe the kids are more focused on baseball than the look of a hat but still, I have noticed that over the past few years, more and more kids are not curving them but wearing them more like a rapper in a video. Hmmm................

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
blanning71 said:
I feel so much better knowing its not just me. I mean, to each his own, but I used to not be able to stand having a bill that was flat. I used to buy the New Era 5950 hats and couldn't wait to get the bill just right with the perfect curve. Maybe the kids are more focused on baseball than the look of a hat but still, I have noticed that over the past few years, more and more kids are not curving them but wearing them more like a rapper in a video. Hmmm................

Don't forget about all the stickers left on the hats as well...bling bling haha!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
metallicalex777 said:
blanning71 said:

Don't forget about all the stickers left on the hats as well...bling bling haha!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have to admit, I do leave teh small MLB Authentic hologram stickers on the underside of my bill. I don't know why but I do. Or the Officially Licensed Collegiate Sticker for my College FB and Baseball hats. But everything else has to go.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
metallicalex777 said:
blanning71 said:

THIS.

i always wan tto ask the kids....are you returning that hat later?

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Yes we are getting old. Cap brim had to curved perfectly and we pulled our leggings as high as we could get them.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Now I will say, I never wore my leggings up. I normally let my pants go down to my ankles. I had large calves and it looked like redwood trees stuffed in a sausage casing if I left them up.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I remember I used to have the really ADD kids on my team who coulden't wait for the cap to get a good bend, so they would just fold it in half. I used to cringe when I saw this... took me a good month or 2 to get the right bend.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
jacobbocce72 said:
I remember I used to have the really ADD kids on my team who coulden't wait for the cap to get a good bend, so they would just fold it in half. I used to cringe when I saw this... took me a good month or 2 to get the right bend.

It looked more like an "A" roof on a house rather than a cap huh?

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
blanning71 said:
jacobbocce72 said:

It looked more like an "A" roof on a house rather than a cap huh?

yes! :lol:

It was always those cardboard bills too... so once you made the crease, there was no going back.

Latest posts