Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how many cases of razor rookie retro were produced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
just curious as to what the "1 in ..." chance is to pull, for example the stras super

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
The entire print run is listed online. There is one card per pack. Do the math yourself

Impossible

Just because Bowman David Wright RC is listed as PSA 9 and BGS 9.5 (hypothetical), doesn't mean there is just one of each. There could be 50 of each, intentionally, so that we can't figure out the odds.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
JoshHamilton said:
The entire print run is listed online. There is one card per pack. Do the math yourself

Only BG knows how many of each card
there could be dozens and dozens of certain cards listed OR there could be just one

My bad

Then that means the total print run isn't known, thus the case run isn't known, thus another dumb JO question

Super32

Aug 8, 2008
My shop has 6 cases coming in. He said that this was a lot easier to get than the Legends product. I bet print run is closer to 500.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I thought originally it was said that only about 1800 packs were made. Correct me if I'm wrong. But thats 300 cases.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I said this on the other Razor thread too, BG bought 19 Emmitt Smith Score rookies in one lot on ebay.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I thought I read somewhere that only 299 cases were being produced, with 6 boxes per case, meaning 1794 boxes/packs/cards.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
GAbballplayer148 said:
I thought I read somewhere that only 299 cases were being produced, with 6 boxes per case, meaning 1794 boxes/packs/cards.

This was speculated by a poster on a thread when we announced this.
I immedately came on and said that we were not announcing a print run.
I can say there are more than 299. However, we sold out quite easily so I would expect the qty produced was just right.
BG

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Leaf said:
GAbballplayer148 said:

I can say there are more than 299. However, we sold out quite easily so I would expect the qty produced was just right.
BG
LOL.
How PC of you.

So another words, no clue if there are 50 Ripkens, or 4 Ripkens.
Still recycled blah.
At the pricing, unless you like wasting your hard earned money on coke, hookers, and cards, you are better off just buying the card you want on line.
Just my 2 pesos.

Good Luck to those "fortunate" gamblers. Enjoy the coke.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Russ S. said:
Leaf said:
GAbballplayer148 said:

BG
LOL.
How PC of you.

Still recycled blah.
At the pricing, unless you like wasting your hard earned money on coke, hookers, and cards, you are better off just buying the card you want on line.
Just my 2 pesos.

Yes, If you want to get the 1/1 Strasburg, you can buy it from someone who pulled it from this product, and I prefer caffeine free diet Coke..

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Casebusters said:
Yes, If you want to get the 1/1 Strasburg, you can buy it from someone who pulled it from this product, and I prefer caffeine free diet Coke..
Yep, cause it'll be there. ;)
I got BCs on it.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
This isn't a product for people who like to open 1 box. It is for gamblers who enjoy the hunt and after they open their many boxes, will pull some nasty cards. BG did say in the chat that he hand packed the cases and the minimum return was $500-$600, and that would be considered a weaker case. That return % wise is very respectable and considerably high when compared to other baseball products (ie Bowman) where people open cases and get completely destroyed.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
sethyarkony said:
This isn't a product for people who like to open 1 box. It is for gamblers who enjoy the hunt and after they open their many boxes, will pull some nasty cards. BG did say in the chat that he hand packed the cases and the minimum return was $500-$600, and that would be considered a weaker case. That return % wise is very respectable and considerably high when compared to other baseball products (ie Bowman) where people open cases and get completely destroyed.

If the $500 to $600 min holds up, then this will be a nice product.

However, the fact that Brian Gray refuses to announce the print run concerns me. Not sure there's any reason to do that other than to hide bad odds or play games with the big hits.

Didn't he number the cases for the poker product? If so, it's pretty hard to justify why he wouldn't here.

I was fairly enthusiastic about Rookie Retro, but less so now and would not be shocked if it turned out to be way worse than advertised.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Russ S. said:
Leaf said:
GAbballplayer148 said:

BG
LOL.
How PC of you.

Still recycled blah.
Just my 2 pesos.

As someone who bought two cases direct, I am pretty disappointed with that answer as well. Very weak.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts