Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May I Rant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffmu

Nov 11, 2008
From the seller's position, I'd chalk this up to the "hindsight being 20/20" area. Simply thought he'd get more, then realized he wouldn't , then took the offer.....just a guess on my end....sometimes pride precludes the seller emailing the original offeror another chance.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
jeffmu said:
From the seller's position, I'd chalk this up to the "hindsight being 20/20" area. Simply thought he'd get more, then realized he wouldn't , then took the offer.....just a guess on my end....sometimes pride precludes the seller emailing the original offeror another chance.

I agree, and I would have offered more, but countering me with the original BIN put me way off.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
Superfractor said:
Well, I offer six on this BIN/BO of 15. I get a counter-offer of 15 - something along the lines of it being worth that much (paraphrasing the seller). Not to mention the inept redundancy of having a BO - I ignore it. Well, now I see he accepted an offer. Can you guess? Six. ::facepalm::

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-BOWMAN-CHROME- ... _745wt_754

Thanks for reading.

There could be any number of legitimate explanations. For example, he might have sold that card as part of a multicard purchase. Or, as someone else already stated, he might just have reconsidered the value of the card. Or, he may just not have been tracking things that closely (dude has a store inventory of 10,000+ cards - he must get tons of offers).

Or he could just be a jerk.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
Very valid points, maxpower. It's just difficult to turn the other cheek. Perhaps if he was not so patronizing with his counteroffer of the BIN? He simply told me fifteen was the price of the card, enough said.

My original offer was six, which is why this is painful. It probably would have been more so, if I gave him a higher offer, and then rejected it. Only to accept a lower one.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
May I rant?

Ford sucks, Chrysler sucks, Dodge sucks, Saturn sucks, Toyota sucks, Audi sucks, Fiat sucks, Honda sucks, Hummer sucks, JEEP sucks, etc etc

Chevy does NOT suck.
What the hell goes through your mind when you post? Seriously.

autocut

Superfractor said:
Very valid points, maxpower. It's just difficult to turn the other cheek. Perhaps if he was not so patronizing with his counteroffer of the BIN? He simply told me fifteen was the price of the card, enough said.

My original offer was six, which is why this is painful. It probably would have been more so, if I gave him a higher offer, and then rejected it. Only to accept a lower one.

That's the gamble you take sometimes; either offer what it is worth to you or try to get it as cheap as possible. Just comes down to how badly you want the card.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
autocut said:
Superfractor said:

That's the gamble you take sometimes; either offer what it is worth to you or try to get it as cheap as possible. Just comes down to how badly you want the card.

Last few sales note my offer was current value - one even sold for under four. :)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
TBTwinsFan said:
May I rant?

Ford sucks, Chrysler sucks, Dodge sucks, Saturn sucks, Toyota sucks, Audi sucks, Fiat sucks, Honda sucks, Hummer sucks, JEEP sucks, etc etc

Chevy does NOT suck.
CheapHeapExchangeValvesYearly

Coachman35

Mar 31, 2010
Boston, Ma
That was me who made that offer, I didnt think he would take it. I thought he was gonna counter with around 8-10ish, but hey I'll take it. I get your point though if he wanted $15 for it he should just of had BIN not a best offer option.

On another note I sold a Bettis Gold when they first came out for under $10.