Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

how many 97 mirror golds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
how many 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Golds were printed of each player?? they are not serial numbered, any one have a clue?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
mirror gold was 90 I think..and it seems like a ton were backdoored as well as they seem like commons. the totally certified platinums are 30.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
1st4040 said:
mirror gold was 90 I think..and it seems like a ton were backdoored as well as they seem like commons. the totally certified platinums are 30.

I'm almost positive the 'unconfirmed' pr was 30. However, I cant speak for back doored stuff...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i have
23 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #142 Juan Gonzalez CERT
21 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #69 Juan Gonzalez

if you count the total on the web site there are

30 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #142 Juan Gonzalez CERT
28 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #69 Juan Gonzalez
if that is true then there are only 2 left of the #69 card and none of the #142 card
that would be nice ,but i would have to say there are alot more than that.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Actually, I just found this, so maybe it's less than 30?

Inserted at a rate of 1:1800 hobby packs, this was a unannounced promotion from Pinnacle. was a parallel to the Certified Gold Team set. The 1st 25 Certified Gold Team sets recieved special "mirror"treatment for a refractor-like finish. Very underrated and seldom seen, they seem to sell for less than what the print run and insertion ratio would lead you to believe. With 20 cards in the set, odds of pulling a particular player jump to around 1:36000!

But again, what came out of the back door, no one knows...

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I agree, I see more 97's than 96's. I am still searching for the 96 of Henderson. I finally picked up the 97 Totally cert gold 30/30 last week.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
matfanofold said:

Inserted at a rate of 1:1800 hobby packs, this was a unannounced promotion from Pinnacle. was a parallel to the Certified Gold Team set. The 1st 25 Certified Gold Team sets recieved special "mirror"treatment for a refractor-like finish. Very underrated and seldom seen, they seem to sell for less than what the print run and insertion ratio would lead you to believe. With 20 cards in the set, odds of pulling a particular player jump to around 1:36000!

Where'd ya find that info? ;)

Those are for the 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Team, & are serial numbered to 25. No one knows how many 97 Mirror Golds are out there, but it's way more than 30.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Way more than 30 . . . I know of probably 60 Will Clark's. I have had at least 8 to 10 myself. Plasticman has a ton, every big Clark collector has at least one. Even though original press release was supposed to be 30, backdoored ones or whatever you want to call it made these things fairly common. The 1996's though are still legit, only 30, and still very rare.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
matfanofold said:

Wrong set, that is the insert set. The insert set was serial numbered

1996 Select Certified had established print runs an the Mirror Golds were 30.
1997 Pinnacle Certified never had a stated print run for the mirrors based on the regular set. The print run was incorrectly assumed 30 due to 1996 and product name similarity. Many of the 1997 and 1998 Mirrors were sold and at some point Dave and Adam had many mirrors to offer. In this picture there are 50+ mirrors of one player, I have over 60 of this player now and equal numbers in several others from the set, 70 +/- is the most I have of any one player.

My best guess is that approximately 90 sets exist. I base this on highly reliable source that worked at Pinnacle. Collectors were extremely upset early on, cards such as Griffey were selling for 1996 prices. Based on consumer complaints about the print run Totally Certified was set into motion and delivery the same year, every card is serial numbered.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
clarkfan said:
Way more than 30 . . . I know of probably 60 Will Clark's. I have had at least 8 to 10 myself. Plasticman has a ton, every big Clark collector has at least one. Even though original press release was supposed to be 30, backdoored ones or whatever you want to call it made these things fairly common. The 1996's though are still legit, only 30, and still very rare.

Yeah. I collect the 97s of my players (Will Clark, Eddie Murray and Darin Erstad). If anyone has any... send me a note.

1996s have to be 30 or less. I've only handled 5-6 of them ever.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
matfanofold said:

Where'd ya find that info? ;)

Those are for the 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Team, & are serial numbered to 25. No one knows how many 97 Mirror Golds are out there, but it's way more than 30.

Someones awesome website. :cool:

stalegum

Aug 13, 2010
NoVA,SoJers

Assuming that this is true, then a grand total of 900,000 packs of 1997 Pinnacle Certified were produced (20 * 1800 * 25 = 900,000).

Using that information, along with the set size (150 cards) and stated insertion ratio (1:299 packs), the total production of each Mirror Gold card is...

900,000/299/150 = 20.06 copies.

Of course, this only accounts for those Mirror Golds that were actually inserted into packs. As this thread has proved, many, many, more made it "out the backdoor."

Members online