Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another NL Cy Young Poll....Who you got?

Who is the NL Cy Young as of now?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Adam Wainwright has been struggling as of late but still has decent #'s.

I think Halladay has pulled out in front, IMO. He is 1st in K's and ERA and 3rd in WHIP and 2nd in W. Tim Hudson is coming up close with a vengeance as is Latos. This just turned into a big seven or eight-headed race (depending on who you think is involved)

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Let's see:

I'm going to throw out Latos and Garcia for the lack of innings pitched (both currently under 150).
I'm going to throw out Carpenter for the fact he has the highest ERA of the bunch, highest BAA and no CG's or Shutouts).
Because there are better contenders with more wins, I'm going to toss out Johnson and his 11 wins.

This now leaves Hudson, Wainwright, Halladay and Jimenez

We all know Jimenez was the stud at the beginning of the year, but obviously he's dropped off since them. Of the four remaining, Jimenez has the highest ERA and highest WHIP, so I'm taking him out.

The Strikeouts, CG's and Shutouts for Halladay and Wainwright give to them over Hudson, so he's gone.

So to me, it's Halladay and Wainwright. Halladay has more CG's, Shutouts, Strikeouts, innings pitched and less walks. Wainwright meanwhile has a better ERA, WHIP and BAA and more wins.

Because there is a very minimal difference in those last three stats, I give it to Halladay at this point. But things could easily change between now and the end of the year.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Sly said:
Let's see:

I'm going to throw out Latos and Garcia for the lack of innings pitched (both currently under 150).
I'm going to throw out Carpenter for the fact he has the highest ERA of the bunch, highest BAA and no CG's or Shutouts).
Because there are better contenders with more wins, I'm going to toss out Johnson and his 11 wins.

This now leaves Hudson, Wainwright, Halladay and Jimenez

We all know Jimenez was the stud at the beginning of the year, but obviously he's dropped off since them. Of the four remaining, Jimenez has the highest ERA and highest WHIP, so I'm taking him out.

The Strikeouts, CG's and Shutouts for Halladay and Wainwright give to them over Hudson, so he's gone.

So to me, it's Halladay and Wainwright. Halladay has more CG's, Shutouts, Strikeouts, innings pitched and less walks. Wainwright meanwhile has a better ERA, WHIP and BAA and more wins.

Because there is a very minimal difference in those last three stats, I give it to Halladay at this point. But things could easily change between now and the end of the year.

And that my friends....is the process of elimination at its finest.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Halladay gets my vote.
More complete games, shutouts, ERA, K's, his K/BB ratio is by far better than any of the other pitchers.
Doc suffers from the same affliction that he had with the Jays. Lack of run support.

Doc 4.78
Hudson 6.48
J.Johnson 5.83
Latos 5.89
Wainwright 6.08
Jimenez 6.64
Carpenter 6.76
Jaime Garcia 7.36

With Doc you can truly say that he should have won more games.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hope JJ goes on a run, or his bullpen doesn't cost him more wins then he ends up with ...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
I hope JJ goes on a run, or his bullpen doesn't cost him more wins then he ends up with ...

he unfortunately doesnt have a shot anymore this year....

good news is, i see him winning one or two within the next five years. he's got great stuff.

Members online

No members online now.