Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New to the Site, not to the Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdthakid36

Aug 29, 2010
Mechanicsville, VA
Hi all,

I'm new to this site. My name is Josh and I am an avid Nolan Ryan collector, as well as a Duke basketball and Washington Redskins fan. I have been collecting cards since I was 6 years old, 1988 to present. I have been a Nolan Ryan collector since. I started getting more serious about collecting and managing my collection more when I got into high school, if I remember correctly. I have been trading on the Internet for roughly 10-11 years.

I am married, with a 1-year old boy, a 3-year old girl, and two great dogs! One of which, my lab/shepherd mix, is named after my life-long idol, Nolan Ryan. Wife is Jessica, kids are Haylee (3) and Colby (1), and the other dog is Callie (mut - rott/doberman/etc...mix). I currently live in a small town names Bumpass, VA. Yes, it is pronounced how you see it spelled...ha ha.

I have been inactive in the trading department for what seems like over a year, due to work and family. When the one-year old was on his way, we converted my former "hobby room" into a bedroom for my duaghter. Unfortunately, there was no space for my collection, so everything was stored in a hall closet and some stuff in the attic. I tried to have a little work station in the living room, but the computer kept crashing and it just wasn't working! I decided to take the advice from my father in-law, and turn my outside shed into a "hobby shed". Serveral months later, and several hundred dollars, it's almost complete and I'm close being set up to trade again.

I just have to make a little desk or shelf for my new laptop, move the rest of my memorabilia out there, and i'll be on my way. 30,000+ cards, some memorabilia, supplies, etc. is moved in...but just not organized how I want it yet. Once I get back up and running, I will be hitting it hard, and hope to be trading like crazy and adding hundreds of new cards to my Ryan collection.

Please check out my site, which will have all my cards for trade, my Nolan Ryan collection, as well as a Master Ryan Checklist and wantlist. The lists will be updated and accurate again soon. I am looking forward to meeting new traders on here, as well as getting back in touch with traders i've dealt with in the past. Some of you may have traded with me on other sites.

If you have any Ryan's you think I may need, please feel free to PM or email me. I am always looking for a challenge, as well as helping fellow traders with their wants and needs. Thanks in advance to all...for those missing Ryan's to add to my collection!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Whats up jd, glad to have another ryan collector on the site. Check out my site to see if I have any ryan doubles you need. It would be great to move some stuff back and forth to help us both out.

jdthakid36

Aug 29, 2010
Mechanicsville, VA
Thanks for the welcome guys.

ffman, I remember you as well. I look forward to dealing again!

bouwob, I will definitely check out your site. I like the Venezualen and O-Pee-Chee RC's in your sig. I just have the Topps RC...hope to eventually get the sweep, including the Milton Bradley! Once my back gets a little better, I will be hard at work getting back up and running! I can't wait!

Latest posts