Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much to sign you to an exclusive deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
So I made a stop at a local card shop on the way to work (yes on a Sunday, what a bummer)
I was talking with one of the workers and then with a customer
I asked the customer if he = a member of Beckett, FCB, or any other message board
His response was, "You couldn't pay me enough to be a member of FCB!" I was going to ask him why but then I was done talking since he had a brutal odor coming from him (stale Doritos/Gyros combo?)

Anyway, it got me thinking --------
If another website was willing to pay you to no longer post at FCB and it was going to sign you to an exclusive deal, how much would it take to keep you away?
I know the initial response might be "Not for sale" but would you pass up $500? $1K? etc

curious to see responses

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I would sign an exclusive contract with FCB if I received a 8x10 signed pic with a shower used wash cloth from gilmore.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I would probably initially say $500 from your first post....but would probably regret it later.

FCB and TCC are where I spend the vast majority of my time online....no other hobby site will do.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I wouldn't need paid a dime. Hell, I'll sign a 3 year for free. You guys put up with my **** and no one has killed me yet. Any place that I can get that has me. It's like Jerry Maguire, "you complete me".

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
justinmandawg said:
I wouldn't need paid a dime. Hell, I'll sign a 3 year for free. You guys put up with my shat and no one has killed me yet. Any place that I can get that has me. It's like Jerry Maguire, "you complete me".

question is -- how much would it take for another site to sign you away from FCB?

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
kentuckyderby said:
justinmandawg said:
I wouldn't need paid a dime. Hell, I'll sign a 3 year for free. You guys put up with my shat and no one has killed me yet. Any place that I can get that has me. It's like Jerry Maguire, "you complete me".

question is -- how much would it take for another site to sign you away from FCB?

SCREW THAT

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
aaron41984 said:
kentuckyderby said:
justinmandawg said:

SCREW THAT

Probably a lot. I don't see turning my back on friendships for a few bucks. More than anything I'd probably just quit posting or reading sportscard sites all together if that's what it came down to. If they were to give me something like 10k, then maybe. On a three year that's less than 10 bucks a day and friends are worth more than that.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
A lot. If I couldn't post here, it'd be tough.

Question is, could (I) or others, still look at posts or would FCB fail to load on the computer (like the mag site does daily) ?

Members online

Latest posts