Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BREWERS - Corey Hart's Numbers After Signing Contract

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Corey Hart (not a big fan) signed a contract extension on August 2nd. As we all know, and if you didn't know I won't hold it against you, he had a nice first half of the season ending with an All-Star Selection.

His numbers since the contract extension, and I saw this coming.

21-79 = .266 avg, 0 HR's, No extra base hits, and 9 RBI's.

I think the complacity has returned. Your thoughts.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i didnt think he was very good or worth and extension. they shoulda locked up sabtahia so he didnt have to ruin baseball or used the money to lock up prince or weeks.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Oh I know, I think it will be one of the worst signings in history for the Brewers. Remember he was the 4th or 5th outfielder when we broke camp. Now he is worth it, I don't think so.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Anybody except Corey Hart. I hope they trade him in the offseason for pitching along with Prince. A RF is easy to come by.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
securedsports said:
Oh I know, I think it will be one of the worst signings in history for the Brewers. Remember he was the 4th or 5th outfielder when we broke camp. Now he is worth it, I don't think so.

You must be a "new" Brewer fan if you think that was one of the worst signings in history for the Brewers? While I agree it was stupid, I can think of about 15 other contracts/extensions that were stupid and cost them too much money.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
miguelcabrera said:
i didnt think he was very good or worth and extension. they shoulda locked up sabtahia so he didnt have to ruin baseball or used the money to lock up prince or weeks.

I'm sure I merely overlooked it, but... what was it he did to ruin baseball?

I had a lot more fun cheering for him when he was with the Brewers, but the WS ring is awfully nice. :D I mean, it really is, I saw one the other day...

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
prospectorgems said:
securedsports said:

You must be a "new" Brewer fan if you think that was one of the worst signings in history for the Brewers? While I agree it was stupid, I can think of about 15 other contracts/extensions that were stupid and cost them too much money.

actually I am not a new brewer fan, love the opinion though. Oh I remember the Teddy Higuera (although smart at the time) Jeffery Hammonds, Kevin Reimer, Sean Berry, Jeff Suppan, etc, etc.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
RL24 said:
miguelcabrera said:

I'm sure I merely overlooked it, but... what was it he did to ruin baseball?

I had a lot more fun cheering for him when he was with the Brewers, but the WS ring is awfully nice. :D I mean, it really is, I saw one the other day...

~Going to the Yankees, duh~

marterburn

Thing with the extension is, it's so bad that it isn't un-tradeable....which is what I think they'd be wise to do in the offseason.

Then he'll get motivated to prove he belongs somewhere else, then slump when he loses the motivation, etc, etc. He clearly works best when he has something to overcome.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Corey Hart is a buster, Brewers should have never extended him. Should have dealt him before the deadline as I advocated.

He will be included with all the bad signings like Suppan and Higuera.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
miguelcabrera said:

Thank god Miggy isn't the general manager of my team.

Members online