Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My new favorite IP autograph...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Today I decided to try to get autographs outside of a stadium for the first time in my life. I showed up outside of Minute Maid Park at around 12:40 this afternoon. A group of about 5 people were getting autographs. After 5 minutes everyone starts scrambling through their stuff. There was a group of people but I couldn't see who it was. The first guy says, "I'm not signing, but he will," as he pointed behind him to nobody I recognized. I pulled something out of my backpack and said, "I've had this since I was 7. Do you mind signing it?" "I'll sign anything for you man," he responded.

Here it is...

rr2mbr.jpg
28iuwc5.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Absofreakingloutely AMAZING!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!

He's truly the only IP auto that I desire........

Congrats, man. That thing is awesome!!!!!!!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
HOLY **** !!!! I'm gasping for air as I type this ...

Congrats Alex !!! :shock:

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
shanks25 said:

LOVE IT!!!!!

I wanted him more than any player or coach in MLB.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
17ROCKIES12 said:
shanks25 said:

LOVE IT!!!!!

I wanted him more than any player or coach in MLB.

So do I... I would display his with pride for having it.

Not even Hamilton or Perkins come in before him... and I have Delmonico IP

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
NASTY! He was my favorite player as a kid, so even seeing him in person this year was great for me. I hope someday to have him sign my 2001 Chrome card.
He was my favorite too. It was awesome getting him on something from back then. The poster has definitely been used a lot.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
17ROCKIES12 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
NASTY! He was my favorite player as a kid, so even seeing him in person this year was great for me. I hope someday to have him sign my 2001 Chrome card.
He was my favorite too. It was awesome getting him on something from back then. The poster has definitely been used a lot.

Somewhere I have a poster of him (I hope my parents didn't trash it...) I took good care of it, even bought a poster frame instead of just tossing it on the wall. It was a poster marking every single home run he had in 97 (?). Parents bought it for me when I was a kid. I wish I could find it...

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Did Jlvjr16 inspire you to do that? ;)

congrats Alex....That's a really really good lookin piece...plus he inscribe it..

I so want myself a McGwire now... :cool:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Forgive me, it's too early in the morning...did the guy that said "I'm not signing but, he is" McGwire or was it the guy he pointed to behind him?

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
Messier2 said:
Forgive me, it's too early in the morning...did the guy that said "I'm not signing but, he is" McGwire or was it the guy he pointed to behind him?
agreed, story not entirely clear unless the OP didnt recognize McGwire.

Kardkollector46

Aug 7, 2008
Connecticut
alifaxwa2 said:
Messier2 said:
Double agreed. He wouldnt sign then said hed sign anything for you?

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Kardkollector46 said:
alifaxwa2 said:
Messier2 said:
Double agreed. He wouldnt sign then said hed sign anything for you?
The other guys started swarming around the corner where I couldn't see. I saw him very last second. I knew who it was as soon as I saw him. Right when I saw him he said he wasn't going to sign and pointed to someone behind him (no one there knew who he pointed to). I figured pulling out my old beat up poster wouldn't hurt. I showed it to him, and he was more than willing to sign, and he actually ended up signing for everyone. Sorry for the confusion.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Thanks, everyone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. It's up on my wall now. I'll either get a frame, or I'll put it in a safe place.

Members online

Latest posts