Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now is a great time to buy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
IMO...Donavan Tate autos. One of his chrome autos ended recently for under $10 and most have been ending under $20. Does anyone else think he's a great buy now (with all his injury-history concernt) at current prices? I totally think so...

Who else are your "great time to buy" guys?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
If you think Roberto Alomar will get enough votes come January to make the Hall, it might be a good time to buy.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:
I think Tate is always going to be a guy that shows flashes, but always gets hurt. Never will reach his full potential..

But at chrome autos sitting at $8-$20...it's certainly worth the risk to grab a few...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
He's a project, and at almost 20 in rookie ball (granted, it's his first season and coming of an injury), he's not lighting the world on fire.

Let's see what next season brings in Low-A ball before I would consider buying in, even now with almost no risk at $10/under.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Translation: Lyonel is now done buying Tate autos and is looking to generate some hype so he can flip them

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Translation: Lyonel is now done buying Tate autos and is looking to generate some hype so he can flip them

I wish...prices are so low that I'm continuing to buy... ::facepalm::

Not selling any Tate until he seems some real game action next season...that is why it's a great time to buy now at current prices.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
If what we have seen the last two weeks is the real Rick Porcello and Jay Bruce now is the time to buy before prices go back up

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:

Wait till January...in the dead of Winter when he's forgotten and all the hype is on Harper. Best time to buy if you're a believer!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Long-term most anything vintage in decent condition is probably best, short-term is always a crap shoot but anyone in the news for good reasons may be best.

ThoseBackPages said:
Vintage rookie cards

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Rather buy a nice looking Rickey Henderson RC at 28 rather than blow it on a guy who might not make it to AA.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
matchpenalty said:
I think Tate is always going to be a guy that shows flashes, but always gets hurt. Never will reach his full potential..

The same thing was said about Mike Moustakas. (And countless prospects as a matter of fact)

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
matchpenalty said:

The same thing was said about Mike Moustakas. (And countless prospects as a matter of fact)

Not really, they though he was a guy who wasn't going to reach his ceiling but I never heard anything about injuries.

Members online

Latest posts