Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cuban Missile unleashed tonight???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I just read that the radar gun which clocked him at 105 tested positive for PED's.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Watch Reds add a couple mph to his stuff when he hits. See 108 mph plastered all over Great American Ball Park scoreboard tonight and the Missle heard round the world will be born.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I guess when I picked up a dozen of his refractors (2010 red's uni) for less than $6 a piece it wasn't a bad investment after all.....seem to be hitting $35 a piece :shock:

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
matchpenalty said:
Hope he gets in tonight. Be ready for a nuclear warning coming out of Cincinnati and Ebay once it hits.

Im sorry but the "Cuban Missile" Nickname is already taken. It was named to Alexei Ramirez.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
He's got 50K's in 30IP since being switched to the bullpen. Let's see what the big boys can do against his fastball.

chapman.jpg

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
schmidtfan20 said:
its funny, this guy was irrelevant before Strauburg got hurt.

There are a lot of smart people out there that were picking up his stuff DIRT CHEAP! Just continues to prove to buy into HIGH potential players who aren't getting attention, ALA Carlos Santana last off season, Moustakas all off season, and Chapman the last 2 months.

NOTE - I just sold me elite auto for $124.99 with instant Paypal payment

skrip

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
schmidtfan20 said:

There are a lot of smart people out there that were picking up his stuff DIRT CHEAP! Just continues to prove to buy into HIGH potential players who aren't getting attention, ALA Carlos Santana last off season, Moustakas all off season, and Chapman the last 2 months.

skrip

Saw that..great job.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
AKA Coastal said:
ballerskrip said:
schmidtfan20 said:

skrip

Saw that..great job.

Thanks bud. And no, I wasn't one of the smart people loading up on Aroldis. I got this from a group break on youtube actually :) Also hit two leake autos, 2 heisy autos, and a stubbs auto. Very nice :D :D :D :D

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
I just read that the radar gun which clocked him at 105 tested positive for PED's.

Weights and Measures didn't do their job verifying the radar gun calibration.

Good to know in reality it's more like 102-103 tops.

Has anyone broken down his pitching mechanics yet? I wonder if he's headed to TJ land. :lol:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
rsmath said:
Jaypers said:

Weights and Measures didn't do their job verifying the radar gun calibration.

Good to know in reality it's more like 102-103 tops.

Has anyone broken down his pitching mechanics yet? I wonder if he's headed to TJ land. :lol:

Do mechanics matter? I've subscribed to the thought that some guys are going to blow out an elbow and some will have rubber like arms that allow them to throw for years.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
jbhofmann said:
Do mechanics matter? I've subscribed to the thought that some guys are going to blow out an elbow and some will have rubber like arms that allow them to throw for years.

It would be a nice project for someone to look at. Get clips of all the current MLB starters (because they put heavy use on their arms) in order to analyze mechanics type, figure out which one are the inverted-W's (since they seem to be getting all the pub/discussion lately) and figure out a percentage of them that have had arm/shoulder problems at some point in their career. If you find it's like 55% have had arm problems, then mechanics such as the inverted-W probably don't matter much in injury suseptibility. If it's like 95% of inverted-W's have had arm problems, it could signal that that type of delivery leads to arm problems and that 5% were lucky for whatever reason not to have arm problems.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
It just made me wonder if these types of injuries are just unlucky happenings.

For example ACL tears in football. I tore mine in college on a play that had no impact on my knee. Foot planted, and my knee popped. No helmet to the knee, no RB falling on my legs, it just popped.

Members online