Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Field Level Preview: 2010 Topps Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
Topps Chrome is a product that I rather enjoy on a yearly basis, although I admit that I have a preference for the retail version over the hobby.  We weren't even sure if we were going to get the product this year, as Topps didn't get the license back until late.  The good news is, Topps Chrome is due out this October and while Bowman Chrome won't come out as a full product, it is being added as an insert set here.  Hopefully, the retail version will have the wealth of parallels that it's had for the past few years, giving much more value to this product.

Release Date: October 10, 2010
Price Point: Approximately $3.50-4/pack, $59 per box at Blowout Cards.
Product Loadout: 4 cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 12 boxes per case.
Hit Ratios: 1 Rookie Autograph per box.

Product Information:
<ul>
[*]220 card base set (110 veterans and 110 rookies)
[*]Topps Reprints (20 cards)
[*]Gridiron Lineage (20 cards)
[*]Bowman Chrome Rookies (30 cards)
[/list]
Autographs, Relics and Parallels:
<ul>
[*]Base Refractor (1:3 packs)
[*]Blue Refractor (#'d to 199)
[*]Gold Refractor (#'d to 50)
[*]Red Refractor (#'d to 25, Hobby Only)
[*]Printing Plate (1/1, Hobby Only)
[*]Superfractor (1/1, Hobby Only)
[*]Topps Reprints Refractors (#'d to 99)
[*]Topps Reprints Refractor Autograph (#'d to 10)
[*]Gridiron Lineage Refractors (#'d to 99)
[*]Gridiron Lineage Dual Refractor Autographs (#'d to 5)
[*]Rookie Red Zone On-Card Autographs (35 cards, Hobby Only)
[*]Bowman Chrome Rookie Refractors (#'d to 99)
[*]Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Refractors (#'d to 25)
[*]Rookie Autographs (40 cards, 1:24 packs)
[*]Rookie Autograph Refractor (#'d to 50)
[*]Rookie Autograph Black Refractor (#'d to 25)
[*]Rookie Autograph Gold Refractor (#'d to 10)
[*]Rookie Autograph Superfractor (1/1, hobby only)
[*]Rookie Autograph Patches (#'d to 25, hobby only)
[*]Dual Rookie Autographs (5 cards, #'d to 25)
[*]Triple Rookie Autographs (1 card, #'d to 10)
[/list]

View the rest of the preview here.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Agreed I love this set. I have a question thought about the love for retail. I never could figure it out. You do get hits but I have never pulled a auto out of thousands of retail packs. Also the blue refractors from last years set are not even numbered. Beckett is retarded in valuing them over the Coppers which are at least numbered.

I just don't see the value when you could open a hobby box, get 1 auto and still some great bases and refractors.

RavensFan

Aug 26, 2010
morgoth said:
Agreed I love this set. I have a question thought about the love for retail. I never could figure it out. You do get hits but I have never pulled a auto out of thousands of retail packs. Also the blue refractors from last years set are not even numbered. Beckett is retarded in valuing them over the Coppers which are at least numbered.

I just don't see the value when you could open a hobby box, get 1 auto and still some great bases and refractors.

I bought about 20 or so 2008 packs of retail last year, and pulled 2 autos. One Felix Jones rookie, and I think a Kenny Philips or somebody I forget. So at least in 2008 Topps chrome you could pull autos in the retail packs.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
It could just be due to my incredible unluckiness with wax. Seriously I haven't hit anything in like 2 years.