Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone see Manny's Press Confrerence Today......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
because can anyone please explain to me why he did the entire press conference in Spanish?

:lol:

I just saw some footage on SC and he seriously answered ever question in Spanish with (I think it was Cora) interpreting his responses to the press. Really wondering if anyone knows why this was the case....because all I could do was question WTF and laugh.

Guess it's already begun White Sox fans. For your sake hopefully he can still dial it up and give the production that can allow you to forgive his antics. Or you can always just laugh....

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
ESPN's Pedro Gomez asked Ramirez why Cora was needed. Ramirez spoke in Spanish to Cora, who said, "I feel more comfortable in my own language.''

I don't see what the big deal is. So he wanted to answer questions in his native language, sounds reasonable to me.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Didn't the guy go to high school about twentysome years ago in the Bronx? As in the Bronx, New York, the United States of America? What a ******.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
gmarutiak said:
Didn't the guy go to high school about twentysome years ago in the Bronx? As in the Bronx, New York, the United States of America? What a ******.
Yep lol,

My dad used to be the head baseball coach at Queens College and he tried to get manny to come play at Queens College and manny didnt even want to hear about any college he said he was going pro.

Guess it worked out for him.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
gmarutiak said:

Do you speak two languages? It isn't easy to speak two languages fluently and you can't blame anyone for preferring to speak in their native tongue.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Wasn't trying to say it's "wrong" in any way to not speak English - it was just odd.
I mean he's in the spotlight and interviewed constantly and I've never seen him do that before.....or at least I can't recall that being the case (maybe I'm totally wrong). Then you add the perception most have of Manny - and it seems even odder.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
ozzie's translator said:
He forgot English. It's a side effect of PED's, just ask Sammy Sosa ;)

That was funny.

That said, count me with those that agree it's perfectly acceptable for a person to respond to questions in their native language if they feel more comfortable doing so.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
If it really were a case of not being comfortable with the language, that would be one thing. Manny speaks English pretty darn well though, and I don't see any real reason for him to conduct a press conference like that other than to get reactions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts