Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who would you give the silver slugger too?

Posey or McCann

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
McCann Stats:
Click here
Highlights: 13th in NL in OPS, 28th in AVG (.281 batting average), 25th in HR with 19homeruns, 21 Doubles), 70RBI
Arguments: Lower average. More at bats may be why to higher HR and RBI Total)

Posey Stats:
Click Here
Highlights: 100 at bats lower than others but if we use his stats... 1st in Average with .330 (After a slump hehe), 13th in NL OPS over McCann, 10HR and 19 doubles).
Arguments: Not enough at bats. Only 10 HR in 300+ At bats, lower RBI 52)

I really think it comes down between these two catchers. I think its really close, what do you think? Both are key batters in each line up. I have not voted yet :p

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
The Silver Slugger Award is awarded annually to the best offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League, as determined by the coaches and managers of Major League Baseball. These voters consider several offensive categories in selecting the winners, including batting average, slugging percentage, and on-base percentage, in addition to coaches' and managers' general impressions of a player's overall offensive value. Managers and coaches are not permitted to vote for players on their own team.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
McCann is probably the best hitting catcher in the NL.

Let's give Posey a full season of at-bats to see if he can put up similar numbers like he has so far in 2010.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Lars said:
McCann is probably the best hitting catcher in the NL.

Let's give Posey a full season of at-bats to see if he can put up similar numbers like he has so far in 2010.
Well he has hit over 300 at bats, and has consistantly stayed over .330. NEver was he only a cold streak so its safe to assume you could put his average way above .330

not sure who i'd vote for still though.

Members online