Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weirdest thing to date with an auction...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm still in shock... here's the story: Josh Freeman is my PC guy, and I win this auction for a 2009 Mayo GU: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300460586593&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Shortly after I win it, the seller emails me saying that he wanted to cancel the auction but forgot; why did he want to cancel? Because he cut the card open to, and I quote, "see what the mini card was like"... ::facepalm:: He follows with:

if you still want the mini card with the jersey you can have it, but it's without the frame around the outside. I actually like the cards better without those stypid frames around the outside, but that's just me.

Of course, I don't want the card anymore; so I'm trying to come up with the best email response I can in order to come to a resolution that won't result in a double negative... thoughts?

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
just get your money back and find a different one.... he is the one who is out the business. Chances are he got an off ebay offer, but you won't ever know. Just move on....

You could tell him to return an extra 5$ for all of your time he wasted, but i doubt he would do it!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Just get a full refund, do not agree to cancel, and leave him a negative. He deserves it for that. He cannot leave you a negative, as mentioned above.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Tell him it's a good thing he did that because you were going to send him a full-size dollar, but decided to cut the picture of George Washington out because all of that extra verbage and serial numbering was just too much.

Cancel the transaction and move on. You'll find another one. I'm sure they're not hard to obtain.

bigdaddyblue73

Sep 2, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Tell him you were going to leave feedback saying "This seller is NOT a scumbag ******" but you took the NOT out cause who wants those anyway? And then leave that as your feedback.

Members online