Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Washing New Era official on-field Baseball Hats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Is it ok to wash these in a washing machine now that they say they are shrink resistant?

Has anyone washed one of these hats lately and did it turn out okay and still fits properly?

Thanks for any answers!!

Metsfan75

Jan 25, 2009
I have 26 Fitteds and I never wash them. I picked up the Lids Professional Cleaning Kit for about $15 and it works great.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I have always been told to wash a cap in the dishwasher to keep it from getting ripped up, even if you have one of those plastic cap protectors for the washing machine.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I have to wash my A's cap every month because I run in it and it gets GROSS.

I fill up the kitchen sink with water and use laundry detergent (liquid works better than powder). I gently massage the detergent in to the fabric. For the bill, just rub detergent in without bending it up. By that time, the water should be brown, so drain it and rub the detergent out with running water. Make sure you get all the soap out. Hang it on a doorknob for several hours to dry. Should be as good as new

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i toss mine in the washing machine with a few other clothes (just a few), put it on delicate items and they all turn out fine. don't dry it in a dryer though, when it gets done washing take it out and hang it on a door knob as previously mentioned.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
All Posts thanked!!

I will probably try what JoshHamilton does and wash it in my sink for this time.

I wear these hats at my warehouse job so they get pretty dirty and sweaty fast. What i have been doing for years and years is just buying these MLB hats and wearing them at work for a couple months, throwing it out and buying a new one once it gets grubby. I have a couple Yankees hats though with the World Series patch and last years Yankees hat had the Yankee Stadium tribute on the back, instead of the regular logoman, so i wanted to cleans these ones up since my hat store doesn't sell these ones anymore.

Next time im at the mall i might grab one of those Lids cleaning kits as well for some other hats.

chongtastic

Aug 13, 2010
Chester County, PA
I tend to hand wash mine with Woolite in cold water, and I use a toothbrush for scrubbing the band / bill because they get pretty gross. I stuff it with a bath towel and dry it in the dark in hopes that it retains it's shape. I don't have a lot of New Era hats, but do have a number of Cooperstown hats that I do this with. So far it's worked out pretty well.

johndaven

Feb 2, 2011
that sounds very interesting! Have you any idea what was the name of this event or where you`ve seen the newsreel?

I`ll try to find out more about it... :grouphug:

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
JoshHamilton said:
I have to wash my A's cap every month because I run in it and it gets GROSS.

I fill up the kitchen sink with water and use laundry detergent (liquid works better than powder). I gently massage the detergent in to the fabric. For the bill, just rub detergent in without bending it up. By that time, the water should be brown, so drain it and rub the detergent out with running water. Make sure you get all the soap out. Hang it on a doorknob for several hours to dry. Should be as good as new
Was going to post pretty much the exact same thing. This seems to be the best way to maintain the shape of the crown and the bill.

Members online

No members online now.