Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst possible card out of Rookie Retro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Not sure if this has been discussed or not but has anyone gone through the checklist for the worst card overall?

I think it could be the Grichuk Sterling BGS 10...I'm sure a non-prospector plucking down $230 for this product would be royally upset about getting this guy "I've never heard off"!

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
The Rasmus 8.5 in that thread was not a card from RRR. It was figured out to be a lie by the poster on Blowout.

There is, however, a BGS 8.5 Rasmus Refractor Auto

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
The Rasmus 8.5 in that thread was not a card from RRR. It was figured out to be a lie by the poster on Blowout.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of that... :benson:

edhou1

Sep 1, 2010
Edgewater, NJ
lisu said:
In terms of money - probably a BGS 9 2010 Bowman Chrome Strasburg would hurt.

I would concur, especially in light that at least Rasmus is a position player playing for a loyal fan base. Now all I need to do is anti-jinx myself before I break a few boxes of this tomorrow.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Messier2 said:
Not sure if this has been discussed or not but has anyone gone through the checklist for the worst card overall?

I think it could be the Grichuk Sterling BGS 10...I'm sure a non-prospector plucking down $230 for this product would be royally upset about getting this guy "I've never heard off"!

I recently sold a Grichuk sterling BGS 9.5 for almost $40, so I would say the BGS 10 is at least a $75+ card. I would guess the Bowman David wright rookie card.

skrip

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Messier2 said:

I recently sold a Grichuk sterling BGS 9.5 for almost $40, so I would say the BGS 10 is at least a $75+ card. I would guess the Bowman David wright rookie card.

skrip

Really...ok. I haven't been following his cards and never knew the sell pretty well.

edhou1

Sep 1, 2010
Edgewater, NJ
ballerskrip said:
I would guess the Bowman David wright rookie card.

skrip

The PSA10 base Bowman RC is a $25-30 card, so it definitely ranks down there. But it's an easy sell at that price, especially here in NY/Northern NJ.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Messier2 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

:lol:

There were bunches of errors on the checklist, so I don't think that's really proof that the Blowout poster was lying. Was there any other proof by chance?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Messier2 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

As far as I know, there is no Base Rasmus 8.5 on the checklist. Just a Refractor.

From the locked thread....

"The checklist shows that the Rasmus 8.5 that is in the product is a refractor. The one pictured above is not a refractor. BG"

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
RL24 said:
Messier2 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

:lol:

There were bunches of errors on the checklist, so I don't think that's really proof that the Blowout poster was lying. Was there any other proof by chance?

He also claimed he got the pack before anyone else did, so I thought it was suspicious.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
This one is going to hurt, bad.

[phil:170adfjn]360296281911[/phil:170adfjn] - '01 Brees UD Graded BGS 9.5

A raw sold for $14.60 recently.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
At the time the Strasburg Chromes were being bought and packed out by BG, it was not that bad of a card(selling wise) as it is today/tomorrow. Not that helps anyone now, but just saying... I agree with the few mentioned already though, and even though it's Pujols, I would have been plenty disapointed to pull a 9 01 bowman base rc.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
NECpilgrims8 said:

Why whatever thread do you speak? I cant find it :arrow:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
As was mentioned, the 2002 Bowman David Wright PSA 10 should be the lowest baseball card in terms of current sales value. He stated there was only 1 inserted and they pulled the BGS 9.5 that was going to go in the packs...not sure why he didn't pull both.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
NECpilgrims8 said:
Messier2 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

As far as I know, there is no Base Rasmus 8.5 on the checklist. Just a Refractor.

From the locked thread....

"The checklist shows that the Rasmus 8.5 that is in the product is a refractor. The one pictured above is not a refractor. BG"

No one was lying. Everyone was clamoring for a scan of the stupid card, which was a moot point because the checklist said the refractor was in it, so I just threw a scan up. Didn't realize that it wasn't a refractor/that the Blowout card was a refractor. No one said the Blowout poster lied.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
What this has done is opened my eyes a little more to the 70s-80s market. When I saw that Andrew pulled me a sticker Jordan rookie, even in PSA 8, I thought for sure that I at least had my pack price back. Didn't think that the card would barely meet $100.

Today's card are sooooooooooooooooooooooo overvalued. Ah well.

Members online

Latest posts