Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Certified auto cards with no autos on them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Anybody have them? I know that someone has Ripken Donruss Sig in their sig that has no auto. A guy pulled a Upton N43 Ginter auto card this year on blowout. But foolishly sent it back into Topps. Card wasn't even supposed to be in the set. Anybody know of any other's???

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I pulled a 2006 Sterling Ripken auto/Quad GU that didn't have a sig on it. Sold it to a huge Ripken collector. She loved it because of the error.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I received a Francisco Liriano Black Refractor out of 06 Topps Chrome thrown in as a freebie from an eBay purchase. Only one I've ever owned.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Another one I remember from this board is a 05 Ultimate dual. I'm sure Wide knows what one it is or one of Ult Sig fans. Where only 1 sig is on it. Other guys was left blank. Thinking it was Gwynn/Jeter. Was a big name. Will have dig it up and post picture of it. Really cool looking card.

autocut

matchpenalty said:
Anybody have them? I know that someone has Ripken Donruss Sig in their sig that has no auto. A guy pulled a Upton N43 Ginter auto card this year on blowout. But foolishly sent it back into Topps. Card wasn't even supposed to be in the set. Anybody know of any other's???

I have plenty of them. Going to send some stuff to SGC to see if they will grade them (just for the encasing).

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Ok, found picture of Upton in Ginter tracker thread...see if it works here. Topps does have this card back from person that pulled it. I wonder if they just destroyed it. Upton isn't in the N43 auto set.
dsc00840c.jpg

tmpierced

Sep 2, 2010
Hi - I'm the foolish dude that pulled the N43 Upton Ginter (LOL).
Me and My 9 year old son collect cards together and we pulled this when the new ginter box showed up. Try telling a 9 year old that an error card is cooler than an actual auto #'d to 15. I was very pleased when topps responded by sending the david wright N43 auto.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
matchpenalty said:
Who? ;)

1998DonrussSignaturesAutos.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
My LCS has a couple Hockey ones that came out of packs unsigned, cant remember the specific players off hand.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
tmpierced said:
Hi - I'm the foolish dude that pulled the N43 Upton Ginter (LOL).
Me and My 9 year old son collect cards together and we pulled this when the new ginter box showed up. Try telling a 9 year old that an error card is cooler than an actual auto #'d to 15. I was very pleased when topps responded by sending the david wright N43 auto.

As long as your happy thats what counts. Would have loved to have seen what Upton would have fetched. He wasn't even in the auto set. Ginter collectors would have loved having that card. I would have kept it and took kid and bought him some auto card.

Russ S where did you score that Ripken? that is sweet looking card.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
matchpenalty said:
Russ S where did you score that Ripken? that is sweet looking card.
Scored both the millennium marks off ebay a few years back. I've only seen less than 5 of the non auto'd since.
Have no other info but that.

Purchased the Century Marks from Pinbreaker. (Thanks Ken! ;) )

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've got a few cards that are missing the auto but this is my favorite mainly because Andruw wasn't included in the set. Only one I've ever seen.

1998DonrussSignatureSeries1000made.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Fandruw25 said:
I've got a few cards that are missing the auto but this is my favorite mainly because Andruw wasn't included in the set. Only one I've ever seen.

1998DonrussSignatureSeries1000made.jpg

Sweet card. 98 Donruss Sig had a few different get out with with no autos on them.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Back in 05 (?) I pulled game used bat card of Al Kaline that was missing an autograph. I ended up trading it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A local show dealer has a Babe Ruth cutless cut. He pulled it from Tribute a few years ago. It's got the shiny foil front with a picture of Babe Ruth and the design looks like there is a space where there would be a window cut out of the front of it, but that wasn't done. On the back it says something like,"Congratulations, you have received an autograph of Babe Ruth" and so on. He went back and forth with Topps over it, demanding a Ruth auto, they want him to send it back and they'd replace it with something "comparable" because obviously they aren't going to custom-make a Ruth autograph card. So it sits in his case, waiting for Topps to come to their senses or someone to make an offer in the mid-4-digit range.

Members online

Latest posts