Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cgilmo is the man - contest package (baseball/basketball)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
In the basketball forum Gilmore held a contest for the cards on the desk. I managed to win the package after the contest rolled around for a bit.

Not only was basketball included, but also some nice baseball.

Baseball

2006 Greats of the Game Nickname Greats Will Clark autograph (PC, most likely)
2009 Goodwin Champions Chad Billingsley GU
2009 Goodwin Champions Barry Zito GU
2010 Just Minors Freedom Card Board 2010 National's Promo Mini Junichi Tazawak /150 X 2
2001 Razor FCB 2010 National's Promo Mini Brett Lawrie /150 X 2

Basketball
2009-2010 Crown Royale DeMarre Carroll base RC AU /699
2009-2010 Crown Royale Majestic Signatures Tony Parker /99 AU
2009-2010 SP Game Used SIGnificance DeAndre Jordan AU
2009-2010 SP Signature Edition Inkcredible Darnell Jackson AU

2009-2010 Crown Royale Royalty Chris Bosh GU /499
2009-2010 Crown Royale All-Stars Corey Maggette die-cut GU /599
2009-2010 SP Game Used Combo Materials VCarter/Bosh /499
2009-2010 SP Game Used Four on Four Fabrics Ming/Chandler/Nene/Jefferson/Okur/M. Gasol/Bynum/Shaq /65 (double-sided card, with UD COA)
2009-2010 SP Game Used Triple Patch Sharpe/Weaver/Hickson /60
Various 09-10 Crown Royale base and inserts
Various 08-09 SPx base (wonderful-looking cards for base)

I was amazed at the contents, thanks Chris! Most of these are available for trade, although I am keeping one of each FCB mini and the Will Clark is tough to get.

I'm working on scans, but this PC is mind-numbingly slow.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
That's really cool, really AWESOME of Gilmore... I'm still waiting on my contest winning's (a pack of Sterling baseball which he openned for me on the chat board live, there wasn't alot of good stuff but I did like several of the cards- one being Sterling C.McGehee auto) from him from 6-7 months ago (maybe longer?). :lol: I'm not sure what happenned though he stopped responding to my inquiries, so I've kinda given up on the hopes of receiving it...Maybe it got lost in the mail?

Anyhow, GREAT showing of kindness by Mr.Gilmore & lucky you for getting all that bad-arse stuff! ;) :D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Congrats on the win. And I to am waiting for my contest win. I think it was gift card for on of the online sponsor or something that.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
That's really cool, really AWESOME of Gilmore... I'm still waiting on my contest winning's (a pack of Sterling baseball which he openned for me on the chat board live, there wasn't alot of good stuff but I did like several of the cards- one being Sterling C.McGehee auto) from him from 6-7 months ago (maybe longer?). :lol: I'm not sure what happenned though he stopped responding to my inquiries, so I've kinda given up on the hopes of receiving it...Maybe it got lost in the mail?

Anyhow, GREAT showing of kindness by Mr.Gilmore & lucky you for getting all that bad-arse stuff! ;) :D

hopefully this is just an oversight on gilmo's part.
if you have something coming Dave, id be sure you would get it.
hopefully gilmo makes it right soon.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Congrats on the win. And I to am waiting for my contest win. I think it was gift card for on of the online sponsor or something that.

:lol: Heck, I won 2 contest's from Ryo back in Feb (Salary Cap Fantasy FB & the combined points from salary cap FB & fantasy pickem):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55576&p=1077529&hilit=houstonteams4me#p1077529

It's cool that I won & cool of them to offer up prizes but it just feels kinda crummy to be told you won something & then not get it (not to mention when they stop responding to PM's :? :lol: ).

It's all fine & dandy as it's a "prize" ya know, but after reading the initial post it brought this thought/subject to mind & I figured I'd mention my own prize/winning's! :lol:

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
For all that have no recieved prizes please contact me with the post where gilmore announced and the cash value you think that the items were worth. (I know this is asking a lot since posts can be somewhat to find, but I want to keep everyone else on the board to not respond to me if undeserved).

I will do my best to make sure that winners on FCB can actually say that they are winners on FCB. I am also a little more organized than gilmore, so if you provide the proof and I can afford it, the problems should be resolved.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
HoustonTeams4Me said:
:lol: Heck, I won 2 contest's from Ryo back in Feb (Salary Cap Fantasy FB & the combined points from salary cap FB & fantasy pickem):

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/v ... e#p1077529

It's cool that I won & cool of them to offer up prizes but it just feels kinda crummy to be told you won something & then not get it (not to mention when they stop responding to PM's :? :lol: ).

It's all fine & dandy as it's a "prize" ya know, but after reading the initial post it brought this thought/subject to mind & I figured I'd mention my own prize/winning's! :lol:

Don't feel too bad. I'm part of the College/NFL Team Collectors Group and Ryo and I got paired up many months ago and I sent off his Texas Tech package and he has yet to send mine. He has told me several times that he has it ready to go but for some reason he will not send it. I don't know why but not much I can do, I fulfilled my part of the group not sure why he won't fulfill his.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reds in 2009 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/v ... e#p1077529

Don't feel too bad. I'm part of the College/NFL Team Collectors Group and Ryo and I got paired up many months ago and I sent off his Texas Tech package and he has yet to send mine. He has told me several times that he has it ready to go but for some reason he will not send it. I don't know why but not much I can do, I fulfilled my part of the group not sure why he won't fulfill his.

Pine Tar

I asked you many many many times for your paypal address

ebay gift cards are EASY and I can send them just like that.

david, my bad that contest was during my move, and i never really got back on top of it.

subpop, umm wow that's an old one. What's your paypal addy?

same for you david. Ill just fix em all with spare ebay gift cards i got laying around.

And you guys wonder why I don't trade.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Awesome prize lot!

I myself once found myself on the end of a great Gilmore giveaway,and have him to thank for my only 1/1 Tony Romo card :D .

Oh, and a redemption for a Andre Gurode (Cowboys center) autograph redemption code, which has yet to be fulfilled. Am I entitled to complain that I got stiffed? :lol: Just kidding of course. I'm going to ask for a replacement once their college products come out and see if I can get a Hurricane.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
CGilmo still owes me a '71 AMC Gremlin with corderoy interior from a contest.

:lol: What, he owes me that same Gremlin! :p (for those that didn't catch the sarcasm/humor, I am totally joking about the Gremlin as I'm certain AKA was also).

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
For the record, I received an e-mail from PayPal the DAY I won the contest notified that Chris had shipped.

It arrived two days later. Quality shipping in my book.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Just so everyone knows, when I decided to hand out some free cards a few months ago, I did so thinking that they would actually make it to the people that they were awarded to. However, as many of you don't know, things escalated quickly on the negative side with the wife and she decided to destroy nearly all of my collection. And yes, the freebie cards were included in that as they were sitting beside my chair where i kept all of my decent stuff.

I took the hiatus from here for a while and have since returned and was able to finally pick up a few things at the National for the first time in forever to try to start my collection over. Now, as I am a man of my word, and while I may not be the fastest in shipping, I will try to make good on everything that I was supposed to hand out. Many of the cards can't be replaced 1 for 1 but I will do what I can to try to rectify this. And also, just so you know you guys aren't the only ones who have not recieved free cards. I have won several contests on here and never recieved but I just felt that seeing as how I didn't have anything invested, I didn't press the issue.

But I will make good on everything that I can so if you feel upset, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to do everything I can to try to rectify the issue as soon as I can.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
blanning71 said:
And also, just so you know you guys aren't the only ones who have not recieved free cards. I have won several contests on here and never recieved but I just felt that seeing as how I didn't have anything invested, I didn't press the issue.

But I will make good on everything that I can so if you feel upset, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to do everything I can to try to rectify the issue as soon as I can.

Yeah I can fully understand what you mean, which is why I've never made a thread about this "sounding the alarm" & crying that "there's a con amongst us"! Basically every 2-3 months I would drop a PM to inquire about the item(s), which really isn't bad considering there's some silly folks here that might have "sounded the alarm"... :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I just wanted to set the record straight...Gilmore just sent me $25 PP for the Sterling pack that I won from him. I really appreciate you getting this to a close!
Thx, Dave.

Members online

Latest posts