Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

took a neg tonight, stood my ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
1st one in ages, jerk got a card with a dinged corner, or so he said.
think it was a 16.00 card. Have been getting a lot of this lately with
demands for partial refund. I tell all buyers now that i give a full refund
on return of the card. This guy says it is to hard for him to get to the PO,
even though he is a seller. I said sorry, thats all i can offer. So he negged
me. It is already almost off the page, and im still at 100%. anyway, if anyone wants to avoid,
his user name is

salsbobs

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have only left 1 Neg in my almost 9 years on e-bay and almost didn't leave that one. So you got a negative, but is is bound to happen.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Sometimes it's worth it to eat the negative and stand your ground. The way things are on eBay these days, it's only a matter of time until you will get one, and it's better to get one for standing for your business than one from the drive-by ass-hat who is upset that you didn't include a bar of gold with the $.99 card he purchased from you.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bravo for not caving in.

boomo said:
1st one in ages, jerk got a card with a dinged corner, or so he said.
think it was a 16.00 card. Have been getting a lot of this lately with
demands for partial refund. I tell all buyers now that i give a full refund
on return of the card. This guy says it is to hard for him to get to the PO,
even though he is a seller. I said sorry, thats all i can offer. So he negged
me. It is already almost off the page, and im still at 100%. anyway, if anyone wants to avoid,
his user name is

salsbobs

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
If you are a perfect seller, then every once in a while the negative is well worth it.

My 1st and only negative (100% feedback seller) was when I made a guy that waited almost a month to pay file a PP claim. I didn't respond when he paid and I didn't responds a few weeks later when he asked about the cards. When the final notice came through, I blocked him, emailed him and moved on. Felt great.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
wow, im glad all you guys agree, i absolutely felt better taking the neg than giving this guy 7 dollars on an 18 dollar card, which who knows if it really has a problem. I checked his feedback left for others and this wasn't the first time he pulled this trick. 1 neg amongst 12,000 doesnt bother me at all. he is a seller too, so ill have a look at his stuff :D

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
I'm with you on this one bud...Exactly same story happened to me about 6 months ago while unloading some Carlos Santana BC Chromes...

His eBay ID if anyone cares:

itemsforsale000

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
mlbfan10 said:
I think the feedback system is a joke. What kind of system works when only one side can leave negatives?

What didn't work was the kind of system where a buyer needed to leave a neg, explains why and warns others about the bad seller, and the seller then retaliates by leaving a neg of his own proclaiming the buyer to either be a jerk, an idiot, a liar or all. In caps. That created the need for the present system, albeit flawed.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
boomo said:
wow, im glad all you guys agree, i absolutely felt better taking the neg than giving this guy 7 dollars on an 18 dollar card, which who knows if it really has a problem. I checked his feedback left for others and this wasn't the first time he pulled this trick. 1 neg amongst 12,000 doesnt bother me at all. he is a seller too, so ill have a look at his stuff :D

Don't do that - Ebay will screw you

Members online

Latest posts