Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone dealt with this user? Another eBayer to block...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
rocknroll050

Sends lame email about needing more time to pay as he was getting paid early next week. Is it ok to pay then?

I said yes as long as you are committed to buy the card. If not I would rather know now so I can send 2nd chance or relist.

Sends email back saying yeah go with the 2nd chance.

Blocked

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ArtVandelay said:
rocknroll050

Sends lame email about needing more time to pay as he was getting paid early next week. Is it ok to pay then?

I said yes as long as you are committed to buy the card. If not I would rather know now so I can send 2nd chance or relist.

Sends email back saying yeah go with the 2nd chance.

Blocked
Hey at least he asked if you would wait and then you asked if he really wanted the card,but told you then to go with a second chance offer. So the story ends :) Sorry to hear you'll have to do this but at least you know were you stand with this guy.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I get this all the time. I just don't get why they wait until they win the thing to email the seller. Drives me nuts.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Actually. Although the situation isn't ideal that's pretty good communication all things considered. Most people who don't have the money when they need it simply ignore your invoices and messages.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I had same situation different guy a few days ago
I said I will give you 2 extra days then I will move on
He paid next day but I think he just got card today
I have not gotten feedback yet I am hoping for the best ;)

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I recently had a situation, but not exactly the same. The auction ended last Thursday. I have a 72 hour payment notice in my listing. I send the invoice to the buyer on Friday and a message on Saturday asking if he was still interested. He responds to me telling me he's buying so many things and that I was on his next group to pay out. Tuesday rolls around and still no payment so I contact him again. This time he says he doesn't see my listing in his Won Items and that he bought a similar item the next day (Friday). So I tell him to check his messages because he wrote me on Saturday saying he would pay me soon.

His issue was, he didn't want to pay me because he couldn't find the item in his Won list. I told him that's too bad because my listing shows he was the winning bidder. I told him to look at his email for the confirmation message that he should have received. Then he got all defensive and told me I was a bad seller and he didn't want to do business with me.

Seriously...wtf? Why are there so many dummys on ebay? Now he's going to try an leave me negative feedback for being a bad seller, when he's the idiot that can't remember what he was buying. And unfortunate for him, he's going to have a "no payment" on his account.

sagitrus61 is his name. The odd thing is, he has 100% positive feedback. He's probably a nice honest guy, but just an idiot.

$25 lost for a 2010 Bowman Carlos Santana GU Jersey Futures "WORLD" card.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
sheetskout said:
Actually. Although the situation isn't ideal that's pretty good communication all things considered. Most people who don't have the money when they need it simply ignore your invoices and messages.

No, he does have the money. He recently dropped $227 on Stras mini and some other decent things. That was just his lame way of beginning to weasel out. I smelled it out so thats why I asked if he was just trying to get out of it. Didnt want to wait til Tuesday and get the same response.

I just started selling on eBay so this is my first experience with it...

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Is there a sticky or a thread on this, because I'm fuming right now dealing with the guy I mentioned earlier.

My buyer contacted ebay to help him sort this out. They found the item and what had happened was, the buyer deleted it from his list by accident. I think he was certain that he didn't want to work this out with me, but they probably told him he would have a strike against him for the non-payment.

So the dude contacts me and sends me a really nice email. He says he will go through with the purchase if I make one change to my listing, and that was to accept returns.

I told him I do not accept returns because there are too many shady people on ebay. All sales are final. But I assured him that when I package cards, I go through great lengths to make sure it's protected in transit. Not to mention, I pay for insurance out of my own pocket for higher dollar items.

He comes back and says he won't do it without the return option. My guess is, he really doesn't want the card, but he also doesn't want the "non-payment" to show up on his account. So he's going to pay for the card, have me ship it, and then return it back to me for a refund. All the while, avoid the "non-payment".

So I tell him. No returns or refunds. It's says so on the listing! If he wanted that option, he should not have bid and won my listing! He's bound to uphold his end of the bargain, otherwise suffer the consequences.

Then he got all mad at me and said I was wasting his time and he didn't want to do business with me. Seriously, what a moron. He admits that it was his fault for deleting the listing from his list. Ebay confirms he will get a ding on his account. And he tries to pull one over me...and gets mad that I won't let him...so he blames me!!!

What's this world coming to? Does anyone have any honor anymore???

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
sportscardfanatic said:
What's this world coming to? Does anyone have any honor anymore???

Hardly... and not just on Ebay, see it often on many forums.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I'll be honest with you...I have a hard time buying anything off ebay. I just don't trust people. I trust myself, but I can't trust people with my money. One of my first ebay purchases was for a Bryce Harper Chrome card....the guy was a scammer and ebay busted him. WTF!

Live and learn.

I avoided ebay for 10 years...and the only reason I'm using it now is because I just got back into collecting. If I didn't collect sports cards, I'd still be clueless about ebay.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Hate to say it but... any prospect related stuff sucks to sell on Ebay. Now I remember why I quit prospecting in the first place. Had problems with 3 of 7 auctions I ran recently. Anything else I rarely have problems with. ::facepalm::

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
sheetskout said:

Agreed. This isn't too bad compared to some of the horror stories out there. Just hang in there man.

And cool username BTW. Are you selling any blueprints on there too? Maybe from the Guggenheim? :lol:

Latest posts