Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NFL Network's 100 Great Players Starts Tonight 10pm i think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Anyone else going to tune in? I definitely am.

Brad Pitt is one of the better celebrity voice overs out there and I'm glad he's doing the Saints' "America's Game"

From the previews, it looks like it'll feature some Prime-Time if that's your thing.

100. Joe Namath - narr by Spike Lee
99. Michael Strahan narr by John Runyan
98. Lee Roy Selmon narr by Ron Wolf
97. Derrick Brooks narr by John Gruden
96. Mel Hein narr by I've already forgotten.
95. Larry Allen narr by John Randle
94. Lenny Moore narr by Bobby Mitchell
93. Sam Huff (way too soon)
92. Michael Irvin narr by Troy Aikman
91. Fran Tarkenton
90. Warner
89. Nevers
88. Reed
87. Hirsch
86. W.Davis
85. M.Allen
84. J.Schmidt
83. Van Brocklin
82. Hendricks
81. Young
80. Troy Aikman
79. Emlen Tennell
78. Bruce Matthews
77. Tony Dorsett
76. Art Shell
75. Darrell Green
74. Marion Motley
73. Ozzie Newsome
72. Jonathan Ogden
71. Paul Warfield
70. Marshall Faulk
69. Bobby Bell
68. Mike Webster
67. Kellen Winslow
66. Wille Brown
65. Randy Moss
64. Herb Adderly
63. Jim Otto
62. Randy White
61. LaDainain Tomlinson
60. Jack Ham
59. Mike Ditka (and not for his studio work :lol: )
58. Steve Van Buren
57. Mike Singletary
56. Gene Upshaw
55. Earl Campbell
54. Forrest Gregg
53. Willie Lanier
52. Eric Dickerson
51. Bart Starr
50. Terry Bradshaw (not for his studio work either ;) )
49. Mike Haynes
48. Red Grange
47. Ray Nitschke
46. Roger Staubach (THE Cowboy)
45. Tony Gonzalez
44. Mel Blount
43. Alan Page
42. John Mackey
41. Rod Woodson
40. OJ Simpson
39. Gino Marchetti
38. Lance Alworth
37. Jim Thorpe
36. Raymond Berry
35. Chuck Bednarik
34. Deion Sanders
33. Sid Luckman
32. Jim Parker
31. Bruce Smith
30. Night Train Lane
29. Jack Lambert
28. Emmitt Smith
27. Merlin Olsen
26. Bob Lilly
25. Dan Marino
24. John Hannah
23. John Elway
22. Gale Sayers
21. Tom Brady
20. Brett Favre
19. Bronko Nagurski
18. Ray Lewis
17. Barry Sanders
16. Otto Graham
15. Deacon Jones
14. Sammy Baugh
13. Joe Greene
12. Anthony Munoz
11. Ronnie Lott
10. Dick Butkus
9. Don Hutson
8. Peyton Manning
7. Reggie White
6. Johnny Unitas
5. Walter Payton
4. Joe Montana
3. Lawrence Taylor
2. Jim Brown
1. Jerry Rice

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Getting Runyan to do Strahan's is freaking hilarious. They hated each other for a lonnnnnng time.

They did become buds later tho'...

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Very good series. There were a few I disagree with but I love the way they describe each player. IMO the rankings are kind of irrelevant but its neat to learn about players I did not see play.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
rehmus said:
pigskincardboard said:
rehmus said:
Tark only 91? Geez.

Knowing NFL people, I'm surprised he even made the top-100 without a Superbowl. Terry Bradshaw will be like 35th.

yup. ill quit watching as soon as they put aikman ahead of marino.

As someone said, everyone knows the list is going to be **** but hearing Aikman say "Irvin deserves to be higher," to which the camera guy asks, "Higher than you Troy?" Aikman obviously responded with a chuckle and "Let's not get crazy here"

John Randle doing Larry Allen was classic as was Runyan doing Strahan. I think this is going to be a very, very good show.

I'm glad they put Mel Hein in the top-100 and I should've waited a week to sell his card.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
rehmus said:
pigskincardboard said:
rehmus said:
Tark only 91? Geez.

Knowing NFL people, I'm surprised he even made the top-100 without a Superbowl. Terry Bradshaw will be like 35th.

yup. ill quit watching as soon as they put aikman ahead of marino.

As someone said, everyone knows the list is going to be shat but hearing Aikman say "Irvin deserves to be higher," to which the camera guy asks, "Higher than you Troy?" Aikman obviously responded with a chuckle and "Let's not get crazy here"

John Randle doing Larry Allen was classic as was Runyan doing Strahan. I think this is going to be a very, very good show.

I'm glad they put Mel Hein in the top-100 and I should've waited a week to sell his card.

Tarkenton, Hein, and Moore should have been higher. I don't see how Hein is outside of the top 25. A case could be made that Tarkenton was the J.Brown of QB's as his numbers are superior to any other QB of his time.

Randle's take on Allen was classic.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
The list became a complete joke tonight b/c Warner and Reed should NOT be on it. Warner was a popular feel good story but his career was rather brief w/ a few high points. Reed has been a special player but he's only played 8 seasons. IMO there will be far more worthy candidates left of the list to make room for these two. I am very disappointed w/ the rankings. Nevers should not be outside of the top 50, if not alot higher.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
dfr52 said:
The list became a complete joke tonight b/c Warner and Reed should NOT be on it. Warner was a popular feel good story but his career was rather brief w/ a few high points. Reed has been a special player but he's only played 8 seasons. IMO there will be far more worthy candidates left of the list to make room for these two. I am very disappointed w/ the rankings. Nevers should not be outside of the top 50, if not alot higher.

I haven't watched it yet, but if you remember the next guys, post 'em up and I'll edit the thread.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
90. Warner
89. Nevers
88. Reed
87. Hirsch
86. W.Davis
85. M.Allen
84. J.Schmidt
83. Van Brocklin
82. Hendricks
81. Young

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
to me warner deserves it, he was an mvp type quarterback many years in the nfl, obviously the story helps a bit but he won a superbowl, holds 3 of the top passing performances in superbowl history and took a team that could be compared to the lions from a nothing to one td away from a superbowl win...you have to remember he only had a 12 year career due to the fact that he wasnt given a chance to play right out of college like most quarterbacks, he didnt get to play untill 6 years after college which is why most qb's will have more stats than him

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
to me warner deserves it, he was an mvp type quarterback many years in the nfl, obviously the story helps a bit but he won a superbowl, holds 3 of the top passing performances in superbowl history and took a team that could be compared to the lions from a nothing to one td away from a superbowl win...you have to remember he only had a 12 year career due to the fact that he wasnt given a chance to play right out of college like most quarterbacks, he didnt get to play untill 6 years after college which is why most qb's will have more stats than him

I agree he was good but no where near the top 100. He only had six 3,000+ yard, 20+ TD seasons out of the 12 years he played. Those are not great numbers considering the stats produced by other QB's during that same time period.

He was given a chance to play but wasn't ready yet. The arena game (Warner admits) helped develop him further.

Members online

Latest posts