Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some things are too good to be true...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Well, I thought I had a huge steal on my hands for a card thats nearly impossible to track down. It's been near the top of my want list for quite some time now, and I thought I had it. A couple days ago I won the auction for these three cards:
190e_1.jpg

Notice the blue tint to the F/X card. I took a chance hoping it was in fact the blue version (/25). I was so happy today when I opened the package to find out it was, but then I notice the whole top right is bent and the front of the card is peeling in this area. Oh well, I guess it will have to be a place holder and hope that one in decent condition shows up.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Messier2 said:
The middle card looks like Miggy...

I still haven't figured out who it is, but it definitely is not Hanley.

I'll also add that I won the lot for 3.99 dlvd, so it's not like I'm out a whole lot on it.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
tonsofcommons said:
Are you going to drop a "not as described" neg on the seller?

I'm really not sure. Now that I look at it you can kind of see the bend. At the same time it was a card that is far more rare than the seller knew. He also incorrectly labeled the '52 chrome as a refractor in the auction. Right now I'm thinking I just won't leave feedback and will email the seller letting him know the problem I had with the sale.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
It kind of isn't worth it for 4 dollars. Don't give that scum the satisfaction. If he comes back and says, "Hey, why didn't you leave feedback?" Then, you tell him how you feel! lol

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
prozac4312 said:
Has anyone ever actually proven that the Blues are SP'd?

I don't think so, but I've seen exactly one of each of Hanley since the release (he has 2 cards in the set). So I would assume they are SP'd, but I can't say if it is to 25. I would guess it is less than 50 because the reds pop up fairly often, but maybe not because there might be sellers out there that don't even know they have them.

Members online