Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever been sniped by the same person, repeatedly??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Ok, I am venting a little bit here. I was sniped on two different ocasions within 24 hours by the sam person. Both were printing plates from 2010 topps t206. The first one I thought it was more than enough to win. The second one, I put a little bit more and got sniped again. The same ebayer sniped me a month and a half ago on an Allen Ginter Silk Mini and a 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Printing plate. Does anybody know if he is a board member? Perhaps Sean_C?? Ah well. :evil: :evil: :evil: Here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0659500420

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If they have all been Carlos Gonzalez cards...it could be a player collector. I seriously doubt anyone is stalking you.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I remember back in the day before ebay with ninja style on winning bidders, this one cat used to outgun me on some sweet Ripkens and high end O's stuff.
Used to drive me nuts!!
Darn that Excel_B.

Then Bobby joined out wonderful community finally and now we are good friends. It's all good! ;)

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Yes - back when I was not an FCB member, I was out-bid by Kdailey: a 1/1 Just Minors, and 1/1 Bowman's Best Red of Greg Reynolds. I had my hands full with other high-end cards, which is why he beat me out. ;)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Ebay is much more controlled now than it was 10 years ago. Used to be some pretty wild things could happen. You used to be able to see all the bidders id's, track the items they were bidding on, send them email. Things could get pretty intense and ugly. I beat a guy with last second bids (before sniping programs) and he got pretty mad, so he started bidding up every item I would bid on. That kind of necessitated only bidding at the end of auctions.

Really, there is no reason to bid on an item without using a snipe program. Well, there is one exception (knock off a BIN on a low price item). If you are using snipe bids and someone beats you on a few items, it's just natural competition and you got unlucky. Especially if it's cards of one player, it's to be expected. If you are bidding in advance and telegraphing your intentions of what cards you're wanting to buy, you make it easy for them.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
id also like to add that if someone is "outsniped" for a quarter, 58 cents, whatever it may be, does NOT mean that they "lost" by "only" that much. it just means that the other person set a higher snipe

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
CubsFan13 said:
Ok, I am venting a little bit here. I was sniped on two different ocasions within 24 hours by the sam person. Both were printing plates from 2010 topps t206. The first one I thought it was more than enough to win. The second one, I put a little bit more and got sniped again. The same ebayer sniped me a month and a half ago on an Allen Ginter Silk Mini and a 2007 Bowman Chrome Draft Printing plate. Does anybody know if he is a board member? Perhaps Sean_C?? Ah well. :evil: :evil: :evil: Here are the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0659500420

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

He would always snipe me on Adenharts but if he is willing to pay more than me then I can't complain. This person is not seanc that you are talking about. seanc has 1000's of feedback.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
Ebay is much more controlled now than it was 10 years ago. Used to be some pretty wild things could happen. You used to be able to see all the bidders id's, track the items they were bidding on, send them email. Things could get pretty intense and ugly. I beat a guy with last second bids (before sniping programs) and he got pretty mad, so he started bidding up every item I would bid on. That kind of necessitated only bidding at the end of auctions.

Really, there is no reason to bid on an item without using a snipe program. Well, there is one exception (knock off a BIN on a low price item). If you are using snipe bids and someone beats you on a few items, it's just natural competition and you got unlucky. Especially if it's cards of one player, it's to be expected. If you are bidding in advance and telegraphing your intentions of what cards you're wanting to buy, you make it easy for them.

Ain't that the truth. I actually won a pretty expensive Bagwell and some random dude emailed me asking me for a payment. I was like "Who the hell are you?". And no...it wasn't the seller. Though I do wish I knew who was bidding on what simply so I knew whether or not placing a bid was worth it. I don't go out of my way to bid up others. But I would also like to not bid them up at all if I knew I wouldn't win anyways or it was a buddy. No need for that.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
I know his snipes are very high (the 2007 draft printing plate was up to 50-55 bucks, I believe). To me that seems alot for a printing plate. So ya, he probally wants them more than me. Maybe, I can sneak one by him one of these days.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
dawgnsuds use to bid each other to the sky on Dennis Northcutt stuff. When a seller acquired the '00 CE stuff in the liquidation sale, we would bid each other up on the 1/1's (there were 20 different variations of said 1/1). I remember bidding $70 every time at the end and he'd snipe me w/a second or two left :(

Since then, he hasn't done much in the way of bidding on Northcutt. Last I checked, he was picking up Quinn, Derek Anderson and Robiske / Massaquoi.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
carrsallstars said:
Yes. It's called being a player collector.

Yup. So many of my snipes end up being $20-$100 more than I actually win it for. Specific example was with the USA Harold Martinez Flag Patch /1. I sniped $200+ and ended up taking it for under $75 dlvd.

Members online

Latest posts