Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All-Disappointment Prospect Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Who were the guys you were high on coming into the season and have basically fizzled and died during the season...

Josh Bell (his cards never took off before or during his MLB stint...quite disappointed overall).
Tyler Matzek (yes, his era is nice but not dominant as advertised but still have room to grow).
Luke Bailey (I'm looking for a big bounceback season for him in 2011).

Who you got?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
In no order:

Daniel Fields
Trayce Thompson
Tim Wheeler
Martin Perez
Ethan Martin
Tim Alderson
Tanner Scheppers
Jeff Malm
Casey Kelly

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
blazers091 said:
jay austin
donavon tate

I had Tate down at first. But, he just can't stay healthy for me to be "disappointed" in him as much as the other guys who were healthy throughout the season.

I'm looking for Tate to make or break in 2011.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
blazers091 said:
jay austin
donavon tate

I had Tate down at first. But, he just can't stay healthy for me to be "disappointed" in him as much as the other guys who were healthy throughout the season.

I'm looking for Tate to make or break in 2011.

let's hope he doesn't get injured this offseason somehow

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I knew Blake Hawksworth would get a chance at some point to prove he is ready to start...he failed and so my stash sits collecting dust.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Michael Bowden
Dustin Richardson
Michael Almanzar

None of my Canes had high expectations and/or aren't at high enough levels yet to make decisions

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Tommy Mendonca
I wasn't that high on him to begin with but when you are billed as a power-hitting prospect playing in the Cal league as a 22yo, you expect more than a .391 SLG % and 10 HR.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Ryan Strieby- Thought his hand was 100%, apparently it still is not.

Wilkin Ramirez- Instead of competing for playing time in Detroit, he struggled to hit .225 in Double-A and was traded. Bright side is that he still ended up with 22 or 24 homers.

Slade Heathcott- Didn't show the power I thought he would. Not a terrible season, but pretty average for a guy I thought would make a little noise in his first full professional season.

COD27

Jun 10, 2009
Tyler Matzek (yes, his era is nice but not dominant as advertised but still have room to grow).

not sure how this is a disappontment, he did have 2 no-hit appearances of 6 or more innings

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
COD27 said:

not sure how this is a disappontment, he did have 2 no-hit appearances of 6 or more innings

Nice sig. I think a lot of people had some pretty lofty expectations for Matzek going into this season, and my impression is that while he was good, he wasn't great. His BB rate is still a little too high. But he's still young and oozing with potential. Next year will be a big year for him.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Guy in my sig.
Slade Heathcott
Donovan Tate
Desmond Jennings

Taylor & Jennings didn't have "bad" season's but they didn't have season's that I (nor most other's) expected/predicted of them....Heathcott & Tate are still mystery's as they both have all the tools that a scout could ask for to be successful in this sport but yet they are so young that they still haven't had time to put it all together to make it work for them.

I honestly still think these guy's will be star's in the big's (each of them will arrive shine at thier own time). :D

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Keon Broxton 170+ Ks ::facepalm:: 5 HR, does have 19 triples though

Whatever happened to Brandon Hamilton? Shows he was on the Temporary Inactive List all season.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Zach Wheeler, however his stuff is still there and has a 10.7 K/9 so hopefully he'll refine his skills and make some adjustments and come back strong in 2011

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Depending on surgery and recovery....you know who

Rhymes with Habs-turd...

I don't want to say his name....he's become the one who shall not be named

Members online

Latest posts