Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what makes bgs and bccg so different in re-sell price???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i know that bgs is a tougher more well known card grading company but isnt bccg also through beckett? so im wondering what the main difference is and actuall why beckett has two different grading companies.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
rum151man said:
i know that bgs is a tougher more well known card grading company but isnt bccg also through beckett? so im wondering what the main difference is and actuall why beckett has two different grading companies.

first off the grade a card gets on bccg is basically worthless and the card holder is flimsy piece of plastic, no plastic sleeve inside..just a way for beckett to make money

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
bccg 1-10 grades do not equal bgs 1-10 grades...

bccg 10 is Mint or better (which crosses over to BGS 8.5 or better)
bccg 9 is Nrmt (which is BGS 7ish)
bccg 8 is EX (bgs 5ish)
bccg 7 is VG (bgs 3ish)
bccg 6 is G (bgs 2 ish)
bccg 5 is P-F (BGS 1-1.5ISH)

hope this helps... BG

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
BCCG is BGS's cheaper alternative for grading. BCCG basically authenticates the card and gives it a quick-glance grade. The grade will reflect any obvious glaring flaws but nothing else.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Beckett grading in general is a trashy service. Even regular BGS grades are a joke . . . cough cough Strasburg Superfractor among countless others. They will toss around BGS 9.5 like its going out of style these days . . . or if you pay them extra ;)

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
clarkfan said:
Beckett grading in general is a trashy service. Even regular BGS grades are a joke . . . cough cough Strasburg Superfractor among countless others. They will toss around BGS 9.5 like its going out of style these days . . . or if you pay them extra ;)

BGS tosses around 9.5's because that is generally all I and most others send them. Who wants to send BGS a flawed newer chrome card and a $10 fee just to get an 8?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
f2tornado said:
clarkfan said:

BGS tosses around 9.5's because that is generally all I and most others send them. Who wants to send BGS a flawed newer chrome card and a $10 fee just to get an 8?

I'll have to disagree there. The Strasburg Superfractor didn't deserve a BGS 9.5

Not saying it wouldn't have been a 9, but BGS 9.5 it was not and the centering easily showed that. BGS grades a lot of cards 9.5 that should't be. But all grading companies are flawed in some way, just pointing out one of Beckett's

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
clarkfan said:

ding ding ding ding ding!!!!

Members online

Latest posts