Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We fear no CC....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Streak no more.

Hey let us O's fans have our only moment of glory this year.... :p

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
This is one team that gives the Yanks such a tough time. To lose two in a row (on paper) doesn't make sense.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ballerskrip said:
what, did poor CC not get his 7 runs of support that he averages?

Arrieta looked good tonight. He and Matusz have been adjusting well. Now if Tillman can just join them :?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I guess all A-Rod has to do is make a plate appearance (PH tonite) to guarantee a Yankees loss! :lol:

So glad to see the O's playing better, but I selfishly don't want Wieters prices to go back up until after I get some stuff. :cool:

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
techboy42004 said:
ballerskrip said:
what, did poor CC not get his 7 runs of support that he averages?

He wins. Thats the most important part.

Part of this is right. Wins are the most important part, but no one player, especially a pitcher, wins a game. I guess "he just knows how to win" ::facepalm::

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Going into yesterday he had a 3.02 ERA. You don't need your team to score 7 runs a game with an ERA that low.

The O's really have something going. If CC pitches 10 more years, maybe they can squeeze out 2 more W's against him. :lol:

I guess "he just knows how to win" ::facepalm::

~No, he sucks and doesn't know how to win. If it wasn't for the devastating offenses of the Indians, Brewers and Yankees, he would probably have like 4 career W's.~

~The only reason the Yankees made him highest paid pitcher EVER was because they knew that their offense would be able to carry CC through games.~

Anybody who watched his run when he was with the Brewers knows that CC knows how to win games.

I think the haters are just getting frustrated because they've been saying he's fat and his body won't be able to sustain all that body weight.... and they keep waiting for this injury they've predicted... and it just keeps not happening. Instead they have to read crap like this:

One season out of his 10-year career, Sabathia hasn't made 30 starts; he made 28 in 2006 after suffering an oblique injury in the rain in Chicago on Opening Night. In those 10 years, Sabathia leads the Majors in wins with 155 (eight more than Roy Halladay) and is third in innings pitched behind Mark Buehrle and Livan Hernandez. And remember -- he was 20 years old when he opened the 2001 season, younger than Stephen Strasburg when he made his debut with the Nationals in June.

From the time the Indians became competitive in 2005, Sabathia leads the Majors in wins with 101 -- seven more than Halladay -- and innings pitched.

Sabathia pitched the Indians to the final weekend of the 2005 regular season before they lost to the eventual World Series champion White Sox. Two years later, he led the Majors in innings pitched (241), won the AL Cy Young Award and pitched Cleveland to the seventh game of the AL Championship Series in Boston before he and Fausto Carmona ran out of gas at Fenway Park.

There's no way the Brewers would have made it to the playoffs against the Phillies in 2008 without Sabathia. He went 11-2 down the stretch for the Yankees in their 2009 run.

That's alright haters, you can just shrug and say Peter Gammons doesn't know much about baseball or whatever...

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Owned

RL24 said:
Going into yesterday he had a 3.02 ERA. You don't need your team to score 7 runs a game with an ERA that low.

The O's really have something going. If CC pitches 10 more years, maybe they can squeeze out 2 more W's against him. :lol:

I guess "he just knows how to win" ::facepalm::

~No, he sucks and doesn't know how to win. If it wasn't for the devastating offenses of the Indians, Brewers and Yankees, he would probably have like 4 career W's.~

~The only reason the Yankees made him highest paid pitcher EVER was because they knew that their offense would be able to carry CC through games.~

Anybody who watched his run when he was with the Brewers knows that CC knows how to win games.

I think the haters are just getting frustrated because they've been saying he's fat and his body won't be able to sustain all that body weight.... and they keep waiting for this injury they've predicted... and it just keeps not happening. Instead they have to read crap like this:

[quote:1sa6yves]One season out of his 10-year career, Sabathia hasn't made 30 starts; he made 28 in 2006 after suffering an oblique injury in the rain in Chicago on Opening Night. In those 10 years, Sabathia leads the Majors in wins with 155 (eight more than Roy Halladay) and is third in innings pitched behind Mark Buehrle and Livan Hernandez. And remember -- he was 20 years old when he opened the 2001 season, younger than Stephen Strasburg when he made his debut with the Nationals in June.

From the time the Indians became competitive in 2005, Sabathia leads the Majors in wins with 101 -- seven more than Halladay -- and innings pitched.

Sabathia pitched the Indians to the final weekend of the 2005 regular season before they lost to the eventual World Series champion White Sox. Two years later, he led the Majors in innings pitched (241), won the AL Cy Young Award and pitched Cleveland to the seventh game of the AL Championship Series in Boston before he and Fausto Carmona ran out of gas at Fenway Park.

There's no way the Brewers would have made it to the playoffs against the Phillies in 2008 without Sabathia. He went 11-2 down the stretch for the Yankees in their 2009 run.

That's alright haters, you can just shrug and say Peter Gammons doesn't know much about baseball or whatever...[/quote:1sa6yves]

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Next year could be ok. Arrieta, Matusz, and Bergesen have all been really sharp.Hopefully we resign Koji to close. We just need to out and get a bat.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
looks like 3 in a row today, guess once the yanks were sure the sox weren't a problem, they decided to quit playing. pathetic

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
boomo said:
looks like 3 in a row today, guess once the yanks were sure the sox weren't a problem, they decided to quit playing. pathetic

yes because being down by 1 run 30mins before the game is over is the end.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
"he just wins" only works 100% for MMA and chess :)
something like basketball works well, as they play both sides...

but when 50% of the game is completely missing altogether from one guy, it doesnt make sense at all.

what if chess was taking 2on2 taking turns for moves? yeah, my partner is Kasparov.. I "just win". .
... . . . until my new partner becomes Simple Jack :|

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Russ S. said:
vwnut13 said:
We fear no Koji....
HA. Where you been the last 3 days. Didn't pipe up much did you?

Nah, the Orioles looked really good this series. Or the Yankees made them look good. One or the other.

Sorry I got so pissy in your thread O's fans. I was hung over and crabby. :)

Members online