Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB - 9/8 (Ramos!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wilson Ramos connected for his first Major League HR. Also doubled. :cool:

Matt Wieters hit his 11th jack.

Ivan Nova - 6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 6 K

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm looking forward to watching the Florida game. It's starting to become habit.

After going 2 for 4 with 2 Doubles and a Walk last night, Logan Morrison is hitting .462 in the Month of September and has a seven game hit streak. For the month, his On-Base Percentage is .563 and he's slugging .885 which combine for an incredible OPS of 1.448. He's exciting to watch every time he steps to the plate.

I suppose you could call this a blatant pimp job, but he sure does make it easy by putting up numbers like this. I can't wait to see what he and Stanton do with full seasons next year.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Im encouraged by Wieter's play of late. his average is on the rise on he has shown more pop in his bat. All this after having played catcher all year and he should have tired legs. He could have a very good year next year.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Rockies will be trying for the sweep, tonight. Our old reliable Aaron Cook hopes for more success, post-DL.
Paul Phillips has been recalled, and so Mike Mckenry's chances of relative significant appearances, just went down the toilet; Buchholz DFAed.

Rockies know what they need to do - numbers wise. It's not exactly '07 numbers, but they include success on the road (ten games).

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Josh Johnson might be done for the season.

According to MLB.com's Joe Frisaro, right-hander Josh Johnson "may be done for the season" due to back and shoulder problems.
Johnson flew to south Florida on Wednesday to have his back and shoulder examined by the Marlins' medical staff. If any sort of structural damage is revealed, he will almost certainly be shut down. "We have to make sure that JJ is ok, not only for the time being, but we have to make sure that his career is not in jeopardy," interim manager Edwin Rodriguez said.
Source: MLBlogs.com

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=11758895

Ouch.

Slightly OT, but now that LoMo has passed 130 AB's, the Marlins' farm system is pretty barren right now.

He was back in the lineup the next day with a huge black eye. Guy's tough.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Red Sox up 3 now and if not for some really bad base-running it could be more like 12-4.

I was listening on radio, but Garza sounded awful. Bad time for that type of game from the Big Man. Was it as bad as it sounded? 3 HRs probably can't be better than it sounded.

And I agree with bdal's post about Wieters. The only problem is I was hoping his prices would go down in the off-season to start a little PC of him. :lol:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Morrison just walked in what will likely be his last plate appearance today.

1-3, Double, 2 BB

8 game hit streak and he has been on base in 29 consecutive games, the longest such streak in the Majors right now.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Cory Luebke looking awesome tonight! Final line

6IP 2H 0R 0ER 1BB 7SO

He was on the on-deck circle to hit in the bottom of the 6th but the Pads had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs so they pinch hit for him and it finished his night.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
What a fantastic game. Definitely got the old school Aaron Cook - he's riding a 2-0, 2.38 streak. Unfortunately, he left the game prematurely with a leg injury. However, it seems it might not be season-ending. Let's hope it does not affect his performance.
Troy Tulowitzki with a two-homer day - he's a beast. Congratulations to Seth Smith for his career-high, seventeen home-runs.
Mike Mckenry made his first at-bat appearance. :mrgreen: He flied out, however.

The Reds ran into four DPs, tonight. The Rox are now eleven games over .500.

Members online

Latest posts