Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need your fantasy Baseball Advice! Morneau and Josh Johnson

Would you release Morneau and Josh Johnson

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Well all, My playoffs started this week, and I have a bye as the #1 seed.

I am in a tough position when it comes to two studs, Josh Johnson and Justin Morneau.

Morneau still isn't back and will likely not be worth using even if he comes back in the next two. It was just announced that Josh Johnson is getting his back and shoulder examined and there is a good chance he might get shut down for the season.

Soooooo, would you release both these guys and try to get some help for the 2 weeks of playoffs? Just release Morneau? Just Josh Johnson? Both? Neither?

Here is my squad

C - Mauer
1b - posey
2b - uggla
SS - Alex Gonzalez / furcal
3b - mark reynolds
OF - carl crawford, carlos gonzalez, jason heyward, jay bruce
U- neil walker

sp - jon lester, gallardo, king felix, josh johnson, GIO, Johan, Daniel Hudson, Cliff Lee
RP - 5 mediocre closers, best is Marmol.

So what would you do? The uncertainty of Johan's health has me worried also, I can't win a playoff week with johnson and Santana both not pitching...

skrip

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
I would drop Morneau for sure. He is still reporting headaches and I don't think he will come back until right before the real playoffs. Johnson doesn't look good either. Young stud pitcher complaining of back and shoulder pain on a team that is playing out the string? I would shut him down if I were the Marlins. My move would be to release them both and see what I could get on the waiver wire. Maybe you can find somebody that's been overlooked but is pitching well as of late and has a favorable matchup upcoming.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
What free agents do you have available in your league? I'd have no problem releasing them both to better yourself in the next 2 weeks, but only if there was someone in the F/A pool worth picking up. I have Morneau in a keeper league, so I'm holding on to him, otherwise, he'd be gone, I don't see him coming back anytime soon, if at all. Not sure on Johnson, haven't really paid much attention to him. I'd pay attention to your potential opponent in the upcoming week. What is he weak/strong in? Are you going to need the extra starts to have a legitimate chance to win?

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
I'd drop both and gallardo, and for the two the opening pitcher spots, just stream the pitcher in which you think will pitch the best everyday.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
clarkfan said:
What free agents do you have available in your league? I'd have no problem releasing them both to better yourself in the next 2 weeks, but only if there was someone in the F/A pool worth picking up. I have Morneau in a keeper league, so I'm holding on to him, otherwise, he'd be gone, I don't see him coming back anytime soon, if at all. Not sure on Johnson, haven't really paid much attention to him. I'd pay attention to your potential opponent in the upcoming week. What is he weak/strong in? Are you going to need the extra starts to have a legitimate chance to win?

I don't know who I will be playing. I will get the lowest seed who moves on.

I think I will release Morneau, but it will do me little good since he is on My DL right now any way. I will need to cut Johnson to open up a roster spot...

SP is pretty weak based on what is available. Looking at these guys

Jason Hammel
jhoulys chacin (who i am leaning towards)
Jeremy Guthrie
Ian Kennedy (probably my 2nd choice)

skrip

Coachman35

Mar 31, 2010
Boston, Ma
Chacin might get 2 starts next week, I picked him up him in my league. I also have Josh Johnson and am gonna wait a few days to see if there is anything new on his status.

I told you the other day that Morneau might come back but it doesnt look too good for him right now.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Would you guys drop one of these closers to add chacin?

Have:
Marmol
chris perez
brandon lyon
uehara
takahashi (mets closer)

Takahashi only has 4 saves in about 3 weeks as the closer. I think he would be the chose if I leaned that way. Thoughts?

NOTE - Every decision matters, 1st place is $500 and 2nd is $200, I already claimed $150 for winning my division.

skrip

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If they shut JJ down, I'll wipe my brow for not purchasing tickets for the Brewers / Marlins series. Maybe his prices will come down even more :D

I'd drop them both. I don't believe either will be any help in Fantasy (says the guy who has JJ in 23 of 25 leagues :oops: )

Members online