Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many of you have...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
How many of you have entered a bid amount incorrectly and ended up winning the auction for more than you actually wanted to pay? I didn't have my snipe program on the computer I was using so I just waited until the last 6 seconds and clicked the "1 click bid" feature to increase the high bid from 36.00 to 38.00. Instead I accidentally put in 386.00 and won the item for 53.52 (I have already paid for it). Thank goodness someone else didn't put in a 380.00 bid.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Havent done that but I accidently accepted an offer from a buyer when I meant to counter.

It was a cheap card, about $5 so I didnt care too much, and of course honored my end without even bringing it up.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Gah, haven't done that yet. I'd be pretty upset at myself if my typo forced me to overpay $20+. But I too would pay if it happened.

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
They call it "fat finger error".

I have a computer programmer buddy with access to travel agent data streams who wrote a script that snaps up travel reservations when airlines/hotels list a reservation for $1.68 instead of $168.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Once I did $1054 on a card I wanted to do $10.54.... :lol:
I knew I'd win it, it wasn't anything too rare, so I let it ride. It was pretty exhilerating! (It went for less than $10!!)

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I typed in $1200 on a snipe program once when I meant $120. 2 days later I won the card for $202.50 and about fell out. I thought about taking the NPB strike but emailed the seller and told him I would give him $$ for his trouble but didn't want to pay $80+ more for the card when I had already bought two of them for less than $120. He graciously knocked off his seller fees plus some for an outside eBay transaction. Worked out well.

Members online

Latest posts