Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happen to notice who is leading the majors in hits now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
As of last night, he has 183 hits, tied with Josh Hamilton.

He also leads in at bats.

And with 17 more hits, he will have his 10th straight 200 hit season, which will tie Pete Rose for most 200 hit seasons in a career. Of course, Pete's weren't consecutive.

I think you know the answer. And with Josh Hamilton on the shelf now, I will go out on a limb and say he is going to lead all of MLB in hits this year for the 5th time in his career. Pete led all of MLB in hits six times, and Ty Cobb led all of MLB seven times, which is the record. In case you're wondering, Tony Gwynn led all of MLB in hits four times.

David

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
After his first few years, I thought for sure his hit totals would slow down...I was clearly incorrect.

Amazing run he is on.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Ichiro has averaged 221.3 hits per year since 2001, his rookie season (obviously, this will go up 0.1 hits per year with each additional hit he gets this year).

Care to guess how many other players have more than 221 hits in a season since 2001?

Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Mike Young and Juan Pierre both had 221, which is the most since 2001 for a player not named Ichiro.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
prospectorgems said:
It makes you wonder if he will stick around long enough to collect 3000 hits for MLB

With just 200 hits per year (I can't even believe I'm using the word JUST here), he will get there by the end of 2013, his 14th season.

Sick.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
One month ago I was like "huh I guess he won't do it this year"

Last night I noticed his total and was like "Damn!! the difference a month makes"

Members online