Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just ended my Donruss Elite madness...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
As PJ Barnum would say.........

You do realize he's on the 2010 Bowman Chrome checklist as an Autograph? He'll have a Superfractor that will blow that out of the water, there is a reason the seller decided to list it right now. I'm sure he was pleasantly surprised with the outing last night and your subsequent purchase.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Joshua.Roundtree said:

You do realize he's on the 2010 Bowman Chrome checklist as an Autograph? He'll have a Superfractor that will blow that out of the water, there is a reason the seller decided to list it right now. I'm sure he was pleasantly surprised with the outing last night and your subsequent purchase.

even if the bowman chrome was out right now

$410 is a solid price for that card

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:

I don't feel like defending a purchase I made because unless you're planning on buying the card, I don't care.

Who is PJ Barnum?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
TelePlayer22 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

I don't feel like defending a purchase I made because unless you're planning on buying the card, I don't care.

Who is PJ Barnum?
PJ Barnum was PT's lesser known, mentally ill brother who spent his formative years working in a salt mine.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
200lbhockeyplayer said:
TelePlayer22 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

Who is PJ Barnum?
PJ Barnum was PT's lesser known, mentally ill brother who spent his formative years working in a salt mine.

He also invented cashews.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
TelePlayer22 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:

Who is PJ Barnum?

As was alluded to PJ was supposed to be PT, just a typo. As for your purchase, I was only pointing out that only reason that card was made available for sale is because by the end of the October it will have lost over half of its perceived value IMO. Anybody who thinks Shelby Miller Elites are worth what they are selling for right now is in fact a 'sucker.' All the value is tied into it being his ONLY card, we all know what happens to 'exclusive' autographs when that same guy gets a Bowman Chrome Auto. That was my point, and like I said above it's all IMO. And My Opinion doesn't really mean anything, so it is to be taken with a grain of salt. However, in late October, you'll have some nice Elite Black kindling. Why do you think every comment made in this threads has alluded to 'great sale', not 'great buy' others are just more subtle.

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
TelePlayer22 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110579017368&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I wasn't sure who I wanted to go with between Jacob Turner and Shelby Miller. I picked up the Turner /5 and I figured that there's nothing wrong with this Miller. Feel that this was a fair price for a 1/1 and that's all that matters

Emphasis added and I definitely agree. If you are buying the card because you like it, its a 1/1 -- pay what you feel is fair.

I wouldn't sweat the comments on "great sale" rather than "great buy", especially since you think the price is fair. The fact that he has a Bowman Chrome coming out doesn't matter if you want the Black Elite...it may lose some perceived value but if someone else had bought it instead to hold forever it wouldn't matter what this reduced value was- you'd have no crack at the card.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
You guys can say great sale all you want, but there is nothing wrong with the price that card sold for. I saw it, and thought about making a similar offer, fully knowing Shelby is going to have an auto in Bowman Chrome. So what? The kid has been electric since they gave him some time off during the middle of the year. At one point in May I believe, he had a 5+ ERA. Look now, and his ERA is mid 3's, great K/9, and the WHIP has came WAY down. Just had a terrific start in their 1st playoff game.

I know, I know-everyone knows all this. And the BC auto will hurt the value. Well, this is a 1/1, and because of that if Shelby continues his success, this will be a solid-nice investment in 2 years.

I see nothing wrong with $410 for this card, from a buyer's perspective.

Members online