Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where were you on Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srstetler

Apr 2, 2010
Maryland
Some of us were at work, others at home. The loss of life at the Pentagon, Shanksville and the Twin Towers will never be forgotten. Me, I was just opening the Lincoln Triangle Barnes and Noble Booksellers store in Manhattan, NYC. I had to be at work at 8:30 am and the store opens at 9:00 am. The store is near 70th street and Lincoln Center on the Westside. Anyone remember who they were with or what they were doing that morning?

Archie Graham

Jan 17, 2009
I was sleeping in my dorm room @ Albany, when a woman called hysterically screaming and crying, it was the wrong number. Didn't think much of it until I couldn't go back to sleep and turned on the TV...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I was driving to work in Albany,NY listening to Howard Stern.I couldn't tell for the first few minutes if it was one of his stupid pranks or not.What is a 25 minute drive seemed like it lasted 2 hours.The whole thing was so surreal.I can remember trying to call someone and the cell lines were all to full to make a call.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I was living in Lexington, KY during my junior year of college. Watched tv all day and couldn't believe what I was seeing. To make matters scarier my dad had flown out of Boston that morning. Thankfully he wasn't on one of the hijacked planes.
I'll never forget that day and I still can't watch those shows about it on the History Channel.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I was on campus at Purdue, just finished a morning workout and on my way to an 8:30 class....

I was getting ready for my 21st b-day which I would be celebrating at midnight, birthday is the 12th.

I will never forget it.

Skrip

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
at work.

With little to no connection to the outside world. No TV, cell phones werent what they are now so no internet... someone had a radio and on my way to break one time they were talking about some attack in NY and I was like yea right. Later that morning the big boss came to talk to our boss and said it was legit and the day just stood still and felt like it never was going to end. I just wanted to go home to see what was going on. I live in Indiana so I wasnt close to it at all.

I worked at a film developing place and the next day I had an order that had pictures from a vacation to NY and a few were pictures of the Twin Towers.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
In my 8th grade English class. I remember our teacher was getting online to show us a web site and her home page was set to CNN. It had just happened and made the front page but everyone was in shock and wasn't sure if it was real. Our principal made an announcement and we spent the rest of the morning watching it all unfold on TV. We were of course dismissed before lunchtime.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I was in my 6th Grade English Class. My teacher got a phone call from her daughter saying that planes hit the WTC in NYC. My teacher's daughter worked in the next building over from the towers. Thank God she managed to get out of their alive! My teacher then turned on the TV and I saw it before my very little 11 year old eyes as the South Tower fell to the ground. For those that perished in these attacks they will never be forgotten and as I live in this world everyday it is the stain that will never go away. For the souls of the victims of 9-11-2001, I give them this hear warming message. And God replied, "Well done good and faithful servant. You have been faithful with a few things, now I will put you in charge with many things. Come rejoice your masters happiness." Matthew 25:21.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I was at work on the MSO project at Merck in Linden NJ. Everybody went up to the roof and were watching. I will never forget the feeling when the first tower fell. We all just looked at each other in disbelief. We left after that and went home. Very scary time.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I, like many others, remember that day distinctly.

As a freshman in high school, my first class was in Woodshop I believe. Most of the class went by normally, until the last 15 minutes. Our teacher, who was a bit old-fashioned, told us that the principal informed him of something happening in New York. He didn't have the whole story - all he knew was a plane hit a building.

The next class was Health/PE; as this was the first semester we were in the Health part of the class. We had class as normal taking notes, but listened to the radio throughout. All of us understood it was something big, but we didn't get the entirety of ti.

During Algebra, my third class, we took some notes and also listened to the radio. Finally, during my final class (Biology) our teacher discussed the implications of what had happened.

I'll also always remember that two of my friends had a small fight that day....besides the NYC events, it was all the talk that day. I will NEVER forget me walking in the front door at home. For some reason, I mentioned the fight first instead of the World Trade Center. My mother is usually not a very hasty person, but her words the best I can remember:

"Do you realize what happened today? Two planes hit the WTC in New York, and you are talking about a FIGHT?! I watched one of those planes hit live!"

Our evening and night was filled with watching the news regarding the events (and a little homework, if I recall correctly). Even ESPN and ESPN2 broke their regular programming; in fact, I believe they had little to no sports coverage on that night (it may have been a "remembrance"-type screen).

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I was getting ready to go to work at the college. I rarely watch news on the tv and had no idea what had happened until my then gf (now wife) called me up and told me to turn on the tv.

The main thing I remember is the way the rumors were shooting at lightspeed over the air waves about more planes incoming to Los Angeles area. Shocking and disturbing, in a way that is so hard to describe.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
ballerskrip said:
I was on campus at Purdue, just finished a morning workout and on my way to an 8:30 class....

I was getting ready for my 21st b-day which I would be celebrating at midnight, birthday is the 12th.

I will never forget it.

Skrip

My 21st was September 10th, 2001. Woke up with the worst hangover of my life and this was happening.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I was on a construction site in Lake Forest, IL. right by the Bears training facility. I was going over some blueprints with the Superintendent of the job concerning the security wiring for one of Abbott Labs new office buildings. There was a tv in the trailer and tuned in to watch the horror that was unfolding at the time. The time was approximately 8:30 AM CDT.

I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

Members online

Latest posts