Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The ones that you passed on, that you really wish you hadn't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
As I look at Joe Mauer Chrome Xfractor autographs, I remember that I had a chance at one for about 1/5 of the price that it goes for now, but just couldn't bring myself to make the trade.

What are some of the cards that you wish that you had traded for in the past, but for whatever reason didnt?

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
About a month ago, I could have traded for a 2008 Spx Auto Carlos Gonzalez. He had a trade value of $40 on it. :oops:

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
There's been so many that I've "passed on" that I sure wish I didnt, well I cant even count..But there has been one true 'regret', for a lack of a better word..It's been a 2003 UD Finite auto of Ichiro #'d/25 that I had a chance at back in 05' I think and I thought the BIN price of $595 was so ridiculous I passed on it..Until the next one popped up sometime in 06' that went auction style and that one ended at close to $900 and yes I threw my bid at it..Had a snipe set at close to $805 if memory serves me correctly and didnt even come close..And that was the very last one I've ever seen on EBay or anywhere else!!

That 2003 UD Finite set was my very first attempt at a "Master Set" and to this day I have every damn card/parallel card and so forth except for that Ichiro auto #'d/25..Today I am more then willing to pay $1k+++ or pay pretty much whatever it takes to get this auto, except for one small problem.. :shock: :shock: ..I CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE!!.. :evil: :evil:

So folks anyone know where one is at?? Definite finders fee to someone who can find one for me(willing to sell that is)!!

Anyone?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drake

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
From the opposite perspective, I almost dealt for a couple big Rick Porcello cards last year including a red refractor. Glad I didn't..his prices across the board are about half of what they were last year.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
stalegum said:
An extra box of '93 SP for $45, in 1993. I bought one, should have cleaned that dealer out.

Wow. How many did you leave behind?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Arrieta Super.
Couldn't bring myself to work with the ****** bag that was holding it ransom.
It went to a good collection though, so it's all good.

stalegum

Aug 13, 2010
NoVA,SoJers
MojoDan said:
stalegum said:
An extra box of '93 SP for $45, in 1993. I bought one, should have cleaned that dealer out.

Wow. How many did you leave behind?

It was the winter of 1993 and it was at the Cherry Hill Mall in New Jersey. This was around that time Topps, Fleer, and Upper Deck all released their first "super-premium" products: Finest, Flair and SP.

Finest, if you could find it, was red hot, and a lot of the money that would have gone into Finest was going into Flair. SP, because it wasn't printed on chrome or load-bearing wall thick cardstock was all but ignored. (No one knew who, or cared, who Derek Jeter was back then.)

I distinctly remember one dealer at that show with 8-10 boxes of SP for $45. SP wasn't selling, and he just wanted to blow it out. I bought one and was angry that I didn't get one of those die-cut Platinum Power inserts. Oh well, I still have my three Derek Jeter RCs from that box to comfort me.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
The longo chromes when they were 100$.

David Wright Chrome Rookies when they were 50$

Robinson Cano rookie auto last 2 years when he was not on fire

I remember when you could get the base autographs for around $10. I sold a xfractor for $30.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
In 2001 I could have bought a Pujols Chrome auto for $200. i was a broke college student and didn't have nearly that kind of $.
Yeah that still hurts.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Passed on a full sheet of 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Black Box (132 cards). Ended on ebay for $20 or $40. This was years back when I wasn't as dedicated as I am now. Plus I was broke. Only know of one other and the guy wants $1000. I'll probally crack and pay it...someday.

bboxsheetpic2.jpg

A_Pharis

Andres Galarraga DK Recollection auto. MrWhiteSox30 (I think) sold one when he sold off his DK recollection collection a few years back. The Galarraga was one of the few I passed on, and is one of the ones I've never seen, again.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
-2005 John Smoltz Upper Deck SP Authentic Chirography Signatures Auto /15

Passed on a BIN of $35. Would pay that in a second now. Haven't seen one since.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Sidney Crosby The Cup RC /99

When the first ever Cup product released in spring/summer 2006, Crosby Cup /99's were selling in the $2000-$2400 range depending on patch. The Hockey hobby had never seen a set this high-end and had had never had a RC debut in price that high. The highest modern day RC ever at this time was from the 03/04 Premier set, the Eric Staal patch/auto /99 and at that time off of a just fresh Stanley Cup victory for Staal, his RC was selling around $800-$1000, depending on patch. So the Crosby debuted at more than double the highest ever modern RC. A lot of people where saying that the price would never stay that hi. I had just come into possession of over $25K, so i had the money to buy and really gave it a serious thought.

After giving it serious thought and listening to everyone saying that the price would not never be able to substain itself i decided not to buy and ended up grabbing several "lesser valued" cards instead. Well as many of you know the Crosby never sold that low again and it just kept growing in value every week after it seemed. The Crosby has maxed out in the past at over $10K and even now it still sells for over $7k depending on patch. Would have a made great investment and i still think about it now and then because i was that close to pulling the trigger, but ended up chickening out instead :lol:

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Any & All Arian Foster Rc Auto's (he's the Texans new stud RB..he rushed for 200+yds/2td's today so his prices will inevitably be ridiculous for the time being)! ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts