Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stupid question about ebay buyer protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
A card I need for a set finally pops up and it's in Germany. BIN price is reasonable, but the sellers feedback is 95% with only 9 feedback in the last 6 months and looks like he has really only sold to Germany in that time.

Does ebay/paypal buyer protection also cover overseas purchases? In other words, am I taking a really big risk of not getting my money back if something goes wrong or is the worst case that my money is tied up for a while before I could get a refund?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
If you have a credit card, empty your paypal balance, link the CC to your paypal account, and pay with the CC. You will be 100% protected, even if paypal won't protect you.

However, if there is a problem, you must first file through paypal (it's part of your agreement with them). If paypal doesn't resolve your issue, then you can escalate it with your credit card.

Let's say it is a $500 card and you pay with a CC through paypal. If the seller scams you and empties his account, you will "win" the paypal chargeback, but paypal will essentially say "we're sorry, but the seller no longer has funds in their account" and you will be out $500. By using your CC, your $500 will be protected. But if you file first with your CC company, you have violated the paypal agreement and will either lose the $500, or they will close your paypal account.

David

Members online

Latest posts