Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Single season HR king?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Just curious who you guys feel is the single season HR king. I might be a little biased living in MN and having family from Fargo, but I would give Maris the nod given all the allegations. Your thoughts?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
According to the MLB recordbooks it's Barry Bonds. Doesn't really matter what people think, it's not going to change his record.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
According to the MLB recordbooks it's Barry Bonds. Doesn't really matter what people think, it's not going to change his record.

That is one way to look at it. I was just curious if some feel that it should go to Maris after all the allegations. So far it looks like no one does.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
One other question to this is do you guys think that Maris's record of 61 will be beat in the near future (our lifetime). Forget the bonds record I am just curious as to if you think the 61 will be beat now that steroids can't be an issue.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
roger_maris_autograph.jpg

jmo ;)

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
blanning71 said:
I am NOT a fan of Barry Bonds. I think he's a putz and I never rooted for him. However, whether he was juicing or not, he hit them out. So I have to say Bonds as much as it hurts.

That is a very good look at it as well.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i take it you dont like baseball then at all. are we talking P.I.D;s here, or just plain cheating. say a pitcher has a splitting headache warming up. the game starts in 15 min. goes into the dougout and takes 3 Advil 15 min later headache is gone!! thats not cheating??? we all do it alllllll the time.

ohhhh Bonds!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
nosterbor said:
i take it you dont like baseball then at all. are we talking P.I.D;s here, or just plain cheating. say a pitcher has a splitting headache warming up. the game starts in 15 min. goes into the dougout and takes 3 Advil 15 min later headache is gone!! thats not cheating??? we all do it alllllll the time.

ohhhh Bonds!

Is Advil on the MLB banned substance list.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
nosterbor said:

ohhhh Bonds!

huh??? Are you really comparing steroids to advil? I do like baseball but am not a fan of the steroid issues that went on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts