Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Extraordinary Ty Cobb Signed Group!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Anyone have $50,000? :)

85a_lg.jpeg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Wow. I think I would just stop collecting if I had that. There wouldnt be much that could match up at that point.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I'm putting my pennies together for this auction now. I won't pay the $50K for it but I'm hoping I can at least put forth a competitive figure for it once the bidding starts on the 23d. At least I'd like to think that it won't bring in near that much, I could be wrong and it would definitely be the centerpiece to most any collection.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Wow! That signed tobacco card is AWESOME! Where is this being auctioned at? Would be fun to watch what it sells for. I better go buy an extra powerball ticket!

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
$50K for that, what a rip off..... In reality, its worth a small fraction of that.

Cobb lived into the 1960's and signed thousands of items over the 50+ years he was famous, many in his well known green ink, his signatures are extremely common for the Era.

With that said, the T206 card is nice, but not the best signed T206 Cobb Ive seen, and Ive seen at least a dozen different.

Show me a signed T206 Mathewson, Waddell, or Joss, etc.......... then I will jump! :)

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
fkw said:
$50K for that, what a rip off..... In reality, its worth a small fraction of that.

Cobb lived into the 1960's and signed thousands of items over the 50+ years he was famous, many in his well known green ink, his signatures are extremely common for the Era.

With that said, the T206 card is nice, but not the best signed T206 Cobb Ive seen, and Ive seen at least a dozen different.

Show me a signed T206 Mathewson, Waddell, or Joss, etc.......... then I will jump! :)

I will have to agree that the price for this grouping is much too high but I have to disagree with you on the number of T206's that have been signed by Cobb. I would venture a guess that there are much less than the dozen or so you state you have seen. I am not trying to challenge you but I have been in this hobby a long time and have watched the t206 market for years and I just dont think there are that many out there. I would defer to the experts on Net54 but I just think the dozen or so comment is way to high for a card such as this.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
1. Is the Cobb glued on?
2. Can they tell what back it is?
3. If it is a Ty Cobb Back this would be over $50,000.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Incredible piece, wow!!! :shock: :shock:

fkw said:

Now that would be something!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Well I posted the question to the people that have more experience with Cobb autos than me, the guys from Net54 and I have to say the information I received shows that there may be MORE than a dozen or so T206 Cobb autos. I believe this one in question is extraordinary due to the items that are posted with it but I have to say I was surprised to learn there were that many Cobb t206 autos. So I have come back to inform and fall on my sword!! I was wrong!! great item though!!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
It's no doubt an amazing auction, but it shouldn't touch anywhere close to $50k.

The beauty of the hobby is that it only has to be worth 50k to one person.

What a sale that would be :)

Members online

Latest posts