Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone think this griffey patch is real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Put me in the "no" category.

Hard to argue with that. Unfortunately nowadays if it looks too good to be true it more then likely is. The sad thing is that this set had some nice big patch pieces, and someone destroyed a great card to try and make a buck.

yanksfan15

Jul 26, 2010
No, look at the top left and bottom right corners of the box and you can see that they are bent up and not natural looking at all, as if a fake was placed in there.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
yanksfan15 said:
No, look at the top left and bottom right corners of the box and you can see that they are bent up and not natural looking at all, as if a fake was placed in there.

If you are talking about the surface creases in the corners of the window. That's common with those cards. I have several that have them.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
A few collectors on here have made a database/list of all Ultimate Collection Patches with serial numbers, so maybe one of them can confirm whether or not this particular patch card with matching serial number has been altered. Once again, I'm glad Will Clark isn't in this set. Too many fakes associated with the product to spend the money it would take to acquire the cards.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if any of the grading companies are able to grade these as "authentic" or not? Would BGS grade it if they saw no evidence of tampering?

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I would go with a no...

Like previous posters have said... If it looks to good to be true just stay away. Even if it turns out to be real, it's better not to get burned.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
would be sweet if it was, but i'm going w/no. it's sad that now when you DO pull a legit sick patch, people think it's fake.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Those cards are made of 2 separate pieces from what i've seen. How hard would it be to even partailly cover the patch "window" like the A&G's?

Too bad...that would be an awesome card.

Members online