Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you prefer for your p.c.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
just curious on what you guys think.
would you rather have one really really good card like bowman pujols rookie auto ect.
or a bunch of good rookies jeter sp, arod sp, ripken jr, r. henderson, pujols, 89 ud griffey ect. $50-100 range

again just curious on what you guys would rather have

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
ThoseBackPages said:
all of them :)
well of course but i cant afford them all. i was thinking of selling some of my better cards to get 1 or 2 high end rookie autos pujols and durant

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
To me, an ideal PC is all my favorite cards of my favorite player(s). Of course, I'd love to own a ton of big rookie cards of all the stars, but I'd actually rather own a bunch of cool looking Rick Porcello cards than a handful of Pujols/Jeter/Griffey/etc.....which is why that is what the majority of my PC consists of :cool:

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Well is P.C so bunch of good rookies make more sense. Pujols price may change with a bad year or PED caught so is a safer bet to not over spent on 1 card.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Comes down to what you're trying to do with your collection. Like Pujols? Enjoy variety? Want something someone else probably doesn't have? Don't like Bowman? The answer isn't so tough.

rbrownaz

Jun 2, 2009
if just the Pujols auto was my whole PC, id almost be satisfied. as for him and PEDs, i dont think it would have much of an effect. first, he isnt really under suspicion, and i feel that the chance of him being retroactively busted for PEDs is close to 0. also, you could look to cards like the 94 SP A-rod, and see how PEDs have (or havent) really dropped that card the way other stars have fallen. a-rod came clean, still puts up numbers, so prices dont fall. someone like bonds got busted (if youre in the 98% who assume he is trying to hide his use), and lied, along with not putting up numbers/playing after the allegations. pujols would still be playing, still producing, so i wouldnt worry too much about prices, at least for a while.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Apparently, you aren't a real collector if you only have one card in your collection.

That being said, I prefer not being a collector and owning the Pujols. You can pick up any of the other guys 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at any time on ebay.

The pujols will be a little more challenging to purchase on a whim.

ALWAYS go with quality over quantity - the philosophy and pure essence of pursuing a collection.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
brouthercard said:
Apparently, you aren't a real collector if you only have one card in your collection.

That being said, I prefer not being a collector and owning the Pujols. You can pick up any of the other guys 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at any time on ebay.

ALWAYS go with quality over quantity - the philosophy and pure essence of pursuing a collection.
i have a lot more than one card in my p.c. i was curious on opinions was just thinking of selling some of my rookies to obtain some high end rookie autos

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
rum151man said:
brouthercard said:

i have a lot more than one card in my p.c. i was curious on opinions was just thinking of selling some of my rookies to obtain some high end rookie autos

Sell the junk, keep the good stuff.

Look at what has happened to topps elways, marinos, rices, etc. etc.- get rid of the hamster shavings and pick up some nice shiny chromage.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This is always an interesting thought. Who is *most* likely to buy and/or appreciate these types of cards? Would it be hard-core collectors or novice collectors?

brouthercard said:

That being said, I prefer not being a collector and owning the Pujols.You can pick up any of the other guys 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at any time on ebay.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
uniquebaseballcards said:
This is always an interesting thought. Who is *most* likely to buy and/or appreciate these types of cards? Would it be hard-core collectors or novice collectors?

brouthercard said:

That being said, I prefer not being a collector and owning the Pujols.You can pick up any of the other guys 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at any time on ebay.

I think hard-core collectors ALREADY have these cards in their PC's - that's what happened to topps marino, elway, rice, etc. After these players retired, only novice collectors picked up these cards, and only novice collectors will pick them up in the future.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
its nice to have more cards for display purposes but im thinking may be better in the long run to pick up some high end autos. i have a few nice autos already but i want the big time.
cardz.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'd take a collection of quality over a single , albiet higher quality, card any day assuming price and my personal prefrence for said player(s) are the same.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
brouthercard said:

brouthercard said:

I think hard-core collectors ALREADY have these cards in their PC's - that's what happened to topps marino, elway, rice, etc. After these players retired, only novice collectors picked up these cards, and only novice collectors will pick them up in the future.
i dont understand how these hall of fame players cards go down in value. as soon as they make the hall of fame there cards go down in value makes no since.....

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
rum151man said:
brouthercard said:

brouthercard said:

i dont understand how these hall of fame players cards go down in value. as soon as they make the hall of fame there cards go down in value makes no since.....

It's a simple matter of supply and demand. They made a ton of their rookies back then, and now can be had at 1/3 the price, even though they are in the hall. No new collectors are looking for their cards, and the old collectors already own them, so the prices go down.

Same thing has happened to the baseball card equivalents - ripken, boggs, sandberg, all can be had at a fraction of a price of what they used to sell for.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
We all know they still make a ton of cards today but those cards are spread across different brands and releases, it will be interesting to see what kind of effect this will have on future demand.

brouthercard said:
It's a simple matter of supply and demand. They made a ton of their rookies back then, and now can be had at 1/3 the price, even though they are in the hall. No new collectors are looking for their cards, and the old collectors already own them, so the prices go down.

Same thing has happened to the baseball card equivalents - ripken, boggs, sandberg, all can be had at a fraction of a price of what they used to sell for.

Members online