Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heyward...hold until he wins ROY? or sell now just because:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
I would think that Heyward is the lock for ROY considering he has been up most of the year.
Is there a significant enough bump to wait to sell chrome RC autos?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
at this point, I don't think the ROY will do either much good as far as card values.

I would hold Heyward even past this, as I see him as the real deal.

Maybe its just my homerisim, but I see a future MVP.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
yeah i don't think there will be another spike unless either of them goes to the world series or hits multiple homers between now and then. heyward has already hit his cap this year and posey is starting to stabilize out now. gl either way on it.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
You missed the boat on Heyward stuff, you should of sold a long time ago. It would take
an MVP of the world series right now for him to go past where he was value wise when
he first hit the majors. Plus this is the worst the Braves have looked in a long time, bad
time to sell.

Kevin

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
jubei777 said:
yeah i don't think there will be another spike unless either of them goes to the world series or hits multiple homers between now and then. heyward has already hit his cap this year and posey is starting to stabilize out now. gl either way on it.

Those national treasures autos, are insanely beautiful

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
matty07 said:
jubei777 said:

thanks. panini out did themselves with the patches and on card autos for the rookie auto patches. also recently found out that there's home and away versions for each player with different rarity.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
schmidtfan20 said:
You missed the boat on Heyward stuff, you should of sold a long time ago. It would take
an MVP of the world series right now for him to go past where he was value wise when
he first hit the majors. Plus this is the worst the Braves have looked in a long time, bad
time to sell.

Kevin

Agree, winning end of season awards doesn't do a whole lot for card prices when it's something everyone expects. Last year was a bit of a different story because not as many people were expecting Coghlan or Bailey to win the awards, but Posey and Heyward were top draft picks, top prospects, and have been all over headlines all year.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
schmidtfan20 said:
time to sell.

Kevin

Agree, winning end of season awards doesn't do a whole lot for card prices when it's something everyone expects. Last year was a bit of a different story because not as many people were expecting Coghlan or Bailey to win the awards, but Posey and Heyward were top draft picks, top prospects, and have been all over headlines all year.

I think some of it has to do with the timing of the announcements of baseball awards. They announced them so late people don't even notice them in the middle of football season.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
I think some of it has to do with the timing of the announcements of baseball awards. They announced them so late people don't even notice them in the middle of football season.

It would not surprise me if this is a major factor because as you indicate, the awards often do very little for card prices.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
jubei777 said:
matty07 said:
jubei777 said:

thanks. panini out did themselves with the patches and on card autos for the rookie auto patches. also recently found out that there's home and away versions for each player with different rarity.

Yeah, that Steph Curry is NASTY. Amazing card.

Members online