Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay seller dagabs...5k player lots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Thought this was worth a post as he now has over 70 player lots up on the bay of "5000 assorted Frank Thomas cards AUs GUd #d RCs PSA" etc. I actually purchased 2 large Manny lots from him maybe 3 years ago... he used to have "examples" of cards that were randomly included in his player lots- and there was lots of good stuff listed (like $100 cards). The card lots also used to be described as "all gem mint." Needless to say, the Manny lots I purchased from him had almost entirely base, few inserts, and I think 1 single GU card. That part was OK with me, but I went through the approximately 2,000 cards and found only 1 suitable for grading! That's 0.05%. It appeared none had ever met a penny sleeve. To his credit I contacted him, and, as stated in his auctions at that time I got a refund for the cards purchased when I returned them. I believe it is the only thing I have ever returned on ebay that was actually the correct item sent. His current listing look a little more tame but he appears to have tepid feedback from his recent transactions. At the right price his lots are still probably a good deal. Just a little info if you are looking at his player lots...

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
I saw his Chavez lot and based upon the interactions I have had with the seller and his recent feedback I wouldn't come within 100 ft of this auction. I did ask him to list the best 5 cards that were actually in the lot. I am sure I will not get a response.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
One look at his feedback convinced me everyone should stay away. Tons of negatives, looks like he lies a lot, charges too much for shipping, sends a bunch of worthless cards and doesn't have good customer service either.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
EricChavezCollector3 said:
I saw his Chavez lot and based upon the interactions I have had with the seller and his recent feedback I wouldn't come within 100 ft of this auction. I did ask him to list the best 5 cards that were actually in the lot. I am sure I will not get a response.

I asked him for an idea of what was in the Andruw lot.

His reply:
"There should be several Topps Tek and a few Donruss Crusades. Hope this helps. Best of luck bidding."

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Why oh why does this guy have 40,000 gary Sheffield cards?

I was considering buying a vlad lot, but after reading this, I highly doubt it...

skrip

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Few Crusades huh??? Wow, he's going all out. He should just say there is a guaranteed 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black in each lot. I would seriously doubt there would be that type of insert in his lots. His feedback would suggest otherwise anyway.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
if you are a player collector of say Frank Thomas,lets say you win a lot at $500. thats 10 cents a card. even if it is all commons is it worth it? hell yes! i can tell you this, i have found these lots the best. why? because of error's! people search thru these lots in search of that $50 and up card. a wrong back that i do not have is worth that to me!

juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg
just got 2 more of these (for a total of 3) in 600 count lot a 5 weeks ago, so far only 9 known
juan_picture.jpg juan_picture.jpgjuan_picture.jpg

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
nosterbor said:
if you are a player collector of say Frank Thomas,lets say you win a lot at $500. thats 10 cents a card. even if it is all commons is it worth it? hell yes! i can tell you this, i have found these lots the best. why? because of error's! people search thru these lots in search of that $50 and up card. a wrong back that i do not have is worth that to me!

just got 2 more of these (for a total of 3) in 600 count lot a 5 weeks ago, so far only 9 known

These are promo cards. Don Mattingly has one also.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Jastermereel said:
nosterbor said:

These are promo cards. Don Mattingly has one also.
yes ,and very hard to find

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009

I would say that is an accurate translation of my post :lol: I was trying to start it off PC for the PC!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
So, I have read the guys feedback and even sent him a question about one of the lots myself.

Without giving away who they person I am interested in is, he did mention that these cards would be included in the lot (I messaged him through eBay, so if I do indeed decide to bid and win the lot and they are not included, I think I will have a pretty good case against the guy):

2003 Donruss Elite Logo Patch Auto #/25
2005 Fleer Signature Swings 4 Color GU Patch Auto #/17
2009 Triple Threads 12 Relic Auto #/18
2008 UD Premier Autograph #/25
2007 UD Black GU Jersey Auto #/75
2009 Triple Threads Jersey Bat Auto #/9
2004 Donruss Playoff Prime Cuts Auto

So, I will definitely consider it and, since it would be starting a brand new player collection, I won't be TOO upset if some of them are in not perfect condition.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Anthony K. said:
So, I have read the guys feedback and even sent him a question about one of the lots myself.

Without giving away who they person I am interested in is, he did mention that these cards would be included in the lot (I messaged him through eBay, so if I do indeed decide to bid and win the lot and they are not included, I think I will have a pretty good case against the guy):

So, I will definitely consider it and, since it would be starting a brand new player collection, I won't be TOO upset if some of them are in not perfect condition.

I will say that that list looks like the type of list he used to use- some primo stuff that really gets you excited about the lot. it just does not make sense thta he would sell them photo-less in a 5k, 0.05 to .15 cent per card lot- when he also breaks down most stars and sells them in 60-100 card lots (looking at his feedback history). So he scans and lists a 1993 Classic Best Carlos Delgado Autograph #/1200, but doesn't have the time to scan and list a 2003 Donruss Elite Logo Patch Auto #/25 of a particular player? Smells funny to me.

Link to the player lot auctions in question:
http://shop.ebay.com/dagabs/m.html?_nkw ... m270.l1313

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Anthony K. said:

There is no way that anything like these cards is in the lots. First off the guy simply buys all these cards for $.01-$.04 per card on the Topps message boards over the years. He basically buys everyone's junk and tries to sell it for a couple extra cents per card. He also offered $2-$7 per auto depending on player and there is no way anyone would sell any of those cards for that cheap. The guy is a flat out liar and expecting anything more than junk in these lots is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Anthony K. said:

There is no way that anything like these cards is in the lots. First off the guy simply buys all these cards for $.01-$.04 per card on the Topps message boards over the years. He basically buys everyone's junk and tries to sell it for a couple extra cents per card. He also offered $2-$7 per auto depending on player and there is no way anyone would sell any of those cards for that cheap. The guy is a flat out liar and expecting anything more than junk in these lots is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Well, that is why i am asking him a LOT of questions through eBay.

If the lot I am interested in sells for not too much over the opening bid, I am going to go in for the lot. I am not expecting all of those to be in the lot, as I am not naive nor new to the hobby, so I am going to hold him accountable via eBay, paypal and the emails (not to mention my CC company, since I will be paying with that just in case I need to do a chargeback).

I will let you guys know if i win it and what comes of it once I receive it.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Anthony K. said:

oh it's that guy from the topps board?

Latest posts